View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vex
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-10-2005, 04:34 PM
Just Pm'ed Otis, thank you all for your advise!

The session is branded as "Puppy Training" Im really not happy, yet i will go this week, if anything happens this time I will kick off, otherwise i will keep going and learning a little bit, untill i become unhappy again.. along with going to the other school in ash
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 06:14 PM
You know your dog will pick on how you feel right?
If you have the attitude now you´re not happy then dont go.
It wont help you or your dog
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2005, 08:22 AM
We had a terrible trainer when Cassie was little. Thought we were doing the right thing by taking her really young and basically unless she was going to be Crufts material the trainer wasn't interested. She had far too many pups in the one class of ALL sizes and couldn't handle the group. It was like all she wanted was the money. Every time we tried to ask a question, she brushed us off. We went for 2 weeks then decided it wasn't worth the trouble! Only one in our area as well!
Vex
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Ok Spoke to Reg, he;s going to sort me out cheers Otis
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2005, 10:00 AM
you are more than welcome! Glad i could help x

Hope to meet you soon then!

Jodie x
Vex
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2005, 07:13 PM
just so you all know, i didnt go along to training tonight, instead i took her over to see her friend chessie at my local garage and they ran around together getting dirty.. (3rd was this week)
Pickles 9
New Member!
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Hi Vex, I took my pup Pickles to puppy training classes. they were very good..teaching her all the 7 commands like Sit, Stay, Wait, down etc etc..
However, we were once out on the huge field, and all the pups were behaving brilliantly, apart from this one unruly pup who just couldnt get it right (bless it!). Our task was to call the puppies back to us while they were playing - there was 1thing wrong with this - i used a squeaky toy when out training my puppy alone, as it is noisy and gets her attention, and she came back EVERY time (and i'm not kidding!) They wouldnt let me use the one and only toy she had, because it was noisy!!! Tsk! Anyway, we all managed to get our dogs back, apart from this one pup. The trainer screamed to the owner 'Throw your lead at him!!!!' So he did... well.... to the ground next to the dog, in order to startle the dog and make him sit.... but she just wasnt happy with what the owner had done, so she took it upon herself, and grabbed the lead, and THREW it so hard at the dog, and it did a little yelp!! It did sit down, but she hurt it!!!!
If it had been my dog, i'd have SOOOO kicked off! It was my second to last lesson, so i stuck it out, but on the last lesson i was so close to telling them i thought they were wrong, cause i felt they were picking on pickles although she was doing everything perfectly, they just didnt like it that i took my squeaky toy along!!!
I dont regret going, it's really helped, but the whole lead thing was a bit too much!
Good luck with her!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 10:26 PM
That's a terrible story, Pickles.

We had a similar problem with Loki - he was the pup that was left rampaging around the field while all the other pups came to their owners.

Our trainer used very high value treats (cheese) to entice him towards her, kept giving him bits without grabbing him until he followed happily (greedily ) and then put the lead on him.

Rarely worked when I took over though, , he kept going to all the other owners for treats
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3