Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by mastines33 View Post
Good luck Gill.. hope it will have a happy ending xx
Thanks, am sure it will, it's just a matter of time, but time is stressful here at the moment and of course the longer I have her the more attached I become, she is very affectionate. When you call her she trots up to you and immediately drops into a down in front of you. She doesn't sit which makes me think she is from a spanish family and she is quite timid - much less hyper than my monsters.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
I am only praying she isn't pregnant, she is only young herself.
Oh Gill that jogged a memory for me, in 2005 (Just after we got Bara and Rianna) we noticed a GSD in the woods near us, sometimes she would come quite close to the fence, Bara would bark but only a sort of 'who are you' bark, on our walks I noticed a lot of 'digging' of mole hills etc.

Almost everyone has GSD's around here and most of them are let out at night so I just assumed it was one of those dogs.

Some months latter OH told me that a 'stray' GSD had been found and the neighbour across the road had taken it in and she was pregnant.

I think that some b******s from Prague had taken her here and dumped her in the woods 'cos they didn't want the hassle of dealing with the pups.

OH wouldn't (or couldn't) tell me what happened to the dog, she won't ask ('cos Czech people are too arogant to ask questions) and I haven't seen the dog since so I guess we can assume the worst Just one of the many incidents which have made me so cynical of humans.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh Gill that jogged a memory for me, in 2005 (Just after we got Bara and Rianna) we noticed a GSD in the woods near us, sometimes she would come quite close to the fence, Bara would bark but only a sort of 'who are you' bark, on our walks I noticed a lot of 'digging' of mole hills etc.

Almost everyone has GSD's around here and most of them are let out at night so I just assumed it was one of those dogs.

Some months latter OH told me that a 'stray' GSD had been found and the neighbour across the road had taken it in and she was pregnant.

I think that some b******s from Prague had taken her here and dumped her in the woods 'cos they didn't want the hassle of dealing with the pups.

OH wouldn't (or couldn't) tell me what happened to the dog, she won't ask ('cos Czech people are too arogant to ask questions) and I haven't seen the dog since so I guess we can assume the worst Just one of the many incidents which have made me so cynical of humans.
I know, it's horrible isn't it. Pup is quite thin so I am thinking more and more that she has been dumped. She is certainly enjoying her food and when ours have had treats, chews and this morning a Pedigree Jumbone she has just licked it, clearly doesn't know what she's supposed to do with it. Awful about the GSD dumped near you, it just breaks your heart doesn't it, how can people do this sort of thing. The local sport around here now is to use kittens as bait for dogs............what a horrible world we live in at times.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 06:58 PM
that is horrible Gill but I know the feeling.. hope all will work out ok in the end xxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Update - we took this pup to her new home this afternoon. They are a super family who already have a male GSD who is a real pussy cat. The little madam has already put him in his place a few times but hopefully they will be friends soon. I think she is feeling bewildered at the moment, she got very attached to my hubby bless her but I couldn't keep her sadly. They are going to keep in touch with us so we can see her progress. So for now, it's great news for her.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Great news for her Gill, but sad news for you and Bill I know how attached you got to her and how hard it was to say goodbye so soon, but I am sure she will be happy in her new home and hopefully the new owners will keep in touch xxx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Great news for her Gill, but sad news for you and Bill I know how attached you got to her and how hard it was to say goodbye so soon, but I am sure she will be happy in her new home and hopefully the new owners will keep in touch xxx
Yes, have just had a message to say she cried after we had gone then they fed her and she went into the eldest son's room and stayed there; when Seb the resident GSD tried to go in she had a go at him, so I think he's feeling a bit left out bless him, but hopefully things will settle down in a few days. She has taken a fancy to this lad which is nice and may help her settle in more. Poor pup, she must be feeling very bewildered though.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 09:50 PM
fingers crossed that in a few days you will hear '''she is truly home and settled'''
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Oh Gill, just so glad you found a loving home for her and hopefully in a few days time she will have forgotten about her "drama's" and will settle in nicely.. fingers crossed.. xx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-10-2012, 08:35 AM
That is good news Gill and as you say hopefully they will keep in touch.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >