Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Poor boy Was he abused before you got him? Or is it the Sarloos in his make-up? (I've heard they can be really shy, sorry if that's incorrect).

It just shows how much trust he has now. Was he shy of you at first too?
I highly doubt he was abused, although he was quite underweight (he'd had a hernia op).
My thoughts are that is is partly the Saarloos, and partly the fact that his first contact with people leaving the litter was an operation.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I highly doubt he was abused, although he was quite underweight (he'd had a hernia op).
My thoughts are that is is partly the Saarloos, and partly the fact that his first contact with people leaving the litter was an operation.
bless jeff.... sorry H,but i dont think the op has anything to do with it...he is just acting true to breed...people interpret the breed standard wrong untill they have met a swh.... they really are shy.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
bless jeff.... sorry H,but i dont think the op has anything to do with it...he is just acting true to breed...people interpret the breed standard wrong untill they have met a swh.... they really are shy.
- no need to apologise.

This is all I know about how he was. He was Kennelled, so not a house dog, he did spend some time in the house after his op, but apparently only 24hr as she could not manage to keep him in for the 48hrs that was recommended.
If his age was correct, he would have been right in the middle of his first fear period when he had the op. I don't know whether that would have had an effect on his behaviour or not.
He had scars on his head and a torn ear, not sure whether they can from Puppy play or an adult being a bit OTT with telling him to get lost. (Judging from his behaviour with mine I might lay bets on the latter!)

Depends whether you are a Nature/Nurture person.... me....I am kind of 50/50 I think
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 02:00 PM
I can see it now "Wolf dog spotted in the woods of Cornwall"

Poor boy sounds like he has been through it tough in the early days. He certainly looks like he comming on well though!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
- no need to apologise.

This is all I know about how he was. He was Kennelled, so not a house dog, he did spend some time in the house after his op, but apparently only 24hr as she could not manage to keep him in for the 48hrs that was recommended.
If his age was correct, he would have been right in the middle of his first fear period when he had the op. I don't know whether that would have had an effect on his behaviour or not.
He had scars on his head and a torn ear, not sure whether they can from Puppy play or an adult being a bit OTT with telling him to get lost. (Judging from his behaviour with mine I might lay bets on the latter!)

Depends whether you are a Nature/Nurture person.... me....I am kind of 50/50 I think
me too

... but Tupac had the same upbringing till 12 weeks... yes no op but older than the recommended age,and straight into house life with nooooo problems....i think the real difference here is the breed that he takes after most... he really does not act out of character H he acts like a swd.

pups get over things like ops..Tupac had stitches at 4 months,its easy to feel sorry for jeffs past but he has moved on
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
me too

... but Tupac had the same upbringing till 12 weeks... yes no op but older than the recommended age,and straight into house life with nooooo problems....i think the real difference here is the breed that he takes after most... he really does not act out of character H he acts like a swd.

pups get over things like ops..Tupac had stitches at 4 months,its easy to feel sorry for jeffs past but he has moved on
I'll tell you what.....I am flipping lucky I did not have to take Zeff home on the train......I'd have been kicked off after one stop!!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:32 PM
You'll get there! If you got there with Pippin - you can get there with Zeff

And Murf - I spotted him straight away (Then again I have a dog that also blends in quite well so I have to have good eyes)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2