Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
mmnn its a heck of a lot

we had a whole new roof on our old house - it cost \|£4000 all in based on approx 50m2, that was stripped down to beams and new slate back on - 1850 building.

we also did a new roof on this house although it was tiles not slate it worked out at £10000 for approx 100+m2, but again that was removing old and putting on new

what size is your roof??
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
My god, I never realised they cost as much as that! Think I will send the OH up on ours with his hammer and nails
I want to get up on mine and jump off!

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
mmnn its a heck of a lot

we had a whole new roof on our old house - it cost \|£4000 all in based on approx 50m2, that was stripped down to beams and new slate back on - 1850 building.

we also did a new roof on this house although it was tiles not slate it worked out at £10000 for approx 100+m2, but again that was removing old and putting on new

what size is your roof??
Not sure Dani but will let you know as soon as I see the quote from him next week.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Yes it is expensive but a job that obviously needs doing. Once done you will have piece of mind and not have to worry again for another 80 years lol.

I'd stick with the builder you know and trust
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
Yes it is expensive but a job that obviously needs doing. Once done you will have piece of mind and not have to worry again for another 80 years lol.

I'd stick with the builder you know and trust
Thanks mate! Yeah, there's no point doing the rest of the house then leaving a leaky roof is there. In 3 years he's replaced the bathroom completely, taken the render off the outside and done all the cladding, done all the inside in wood cladding and now the roof! He's sound as a pound and works like a horse so we're happy with what he says. Will feel better when we see it in writing next week.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2