Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
Yes I know, and these are exactly the sort of people that need to be got rid of which I wholeheartedly would love to see. The point I am trying to make is that by slating greyhound racing as a whole and grouping everyone involved in it together doesn't help at all.

All reputable re homing schemes of which there are many do include the clause that the dog must be returned if the new owners no longer want the dog.
I very rarely 'slate' anyone on a personal level.

I criticise the gambling industry and the GBGB for failing to enforce the Rules of Racing, for failing to enforce UK and EU law and for promoting this attitude of 'lawlessness' within the community.

If trainers and owners choose to be a part of that industry - that is their choice but you will be considered as being guilty by association by the public.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 01:24 AM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
I very rarely 'slate' anyone on a personal level.

If you trainers and owners choose to be a part of that industry - that is their choice but you will be considered as being guilty by association by the public.
LMAO That is one huge assumption Jodie. You can speak on behalf of the public can you?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 01:26 AM
I disagree, I have given you factual information if you take the time to look back through you will see this is the case.

At the current time Greyhound Racing is legal and I don't consider it to be cruel.
At the current time greyhound racing may be legal but it certainly does not conduct itself legally.

The industry do not enforce the Animal Welfare Act and none of these trainers were reported to the police authorities for possession of a class A drug.

http://www.greytexploitations.com/re...wless-industry
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 01:34 AM
You beggar belief, you are now having a pop at the very people who are giving these dogs homes!

You made a choice when you took your dogs in.

We get the dogs homes by getting out and about, advertising, group walks and generally promoting the breed in any way we can think of. If people don't know about them then they won't get adopted. One things for sure talking about it on a forum, going round in circles doesn't help.
I most certainly wasnt having a 'pop' at people who adopt greyhounds.

I was forced to make a choice to either take these dogs in or let them be destroyed at the vets or the local pound - to me there was no option and therefore no realistic choice.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 01:40 AM
LMAO That is one huge assumption Jodie. You can speak on behalf of the public can you?
Perhaps I am wrong?

I would like to think the citizens of this nation would not support people associated with an industry who fail to enforce the Rules of Racing, fail to enforce UK and EU law and for promoting an attitude of 'lawlessness' within the community.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 07:12 AM
At the current time greyhound racing may be legal but it certainly does not conduct itself legally.

The industry do not enforce the Animal Welfare Act and none of these trainers were reported to the police authorities for possession of a class A drug.

http://www.greytexploitations.com/re...wless-industry
That article you've put up clearly states "To our knowledge, none of the trainers were reported to the police authorities to investigate possible offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act."

Again assumption, it has to be fact!
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 07:17 AM
I most certainly wasnt having a 'pop' at people who adopt greyhounds.

I was forced to make a choice to either take these dogs in or let them be destroyed at the vets or the local pound - to me there was no option and therefore no realistic choice.
Very commendable but you still had, and made the choice.
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Perhaps I am wrong?

I would like to think the citizens of this nation would not support people associated with an industry who fail to enforce the Rules of Racing, fail to enforce UK and EU law and for promoting an attitude of 'lawlessness' within the community.
Perhaps you are! Unless you know these things as the truth you really shouldn't be saying such things.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 08:05 AM
That article you've put up clearly states "To our knowledge, none of the trainers were reported to the police authorities to investigate possible offences under the Misuse of Drugs Act."

Again assumption, it has to be fact!
I wrote the article and since writing have found out that the industry did not report any of the trainers to the police.

This is the industry you support.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 08:09 AM
Very commendable but you still had, and made the choice.
I would consider there was no choice to be made.

I find it sad you consider destruction of a healthy greyhound as an option - although not entirely surprised.
Page 53 of 157 « First < 3 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 63 103 153 > Last »