Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 12:18 PM

Played Squash! VERY HAPPY.

Last night with OH for the first time since I was about 7 months pregnant and OMG did I enjoy it! I was fitter than I thought I'd be - I know I've walked miles throughout the pregnancy but I thought I'd die on the court, but I didn't.

SO HAPPY!

Missed squash more than alcohol!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 12:39 PM
aww bless you aint it nice to get back to normality when you have a baby so glad you both enjoyed your game of squash
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Well done, what a huge achievement getting through a game without feeling like you are dying.
You obviously kept up your stamina being pregnant. Roll on the next game
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks My brother offered to sit with Carys next week as my mum is away. It really is good to feel normal again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 01:15 PM
I hope you beat him too Lucky????!

Long time since I've played that, but glad you enjoyed it so much - I wouldn't! My first husband used to play squash every night and when he played against me, I did the wrong thing and beat him, so he smashed his raquet against the wall and broke it - and then sat there crying!!! LMAO! Needless to say, I was only married to him for 6 months, not my type!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I hope you beat him too Lucky????!

Long time since I've played that, but glad you enjoyed it so much - I wouldn't! My first husband used to play squash every night and when he played against me, I did the wrong thing and beat him, so he smashed his raquet against the wall and broke it - and then sat there crying!!! LMAO! Needless to say, I was only married to him for 6 months, not my type!
:smt044 :smt044 :smt044 - great to see you back Helen - that's a brilliant story! I bet he was steaming! I have seen squash players getting a bit hysterical about losing, or giving away lets and strokes and arguing fericiously with the marker

No - he let me take a game but I wouldn't stand a hope in hell of beating him - he plays at a much higher level.