Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
winkle67
New Member!
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:48 PM

Removing Doggie stains from carpets

I hope I've put this post in the right place.

Does anyone have any tips for removing doggie "accident" stains from carpets?

I think we may have to get a new carpet in the log term as I fear it's ruined but in the meantime I would like to make it look more acceptable

Thanks!
Maxandskye
New Member!
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Biological washing powder with warm water depending on the stain.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Simple solutions dog stain and odour remover brilliant stuff

Jann xx
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I've been fighting this all weekend. My old dog has gon from occasionally incontinent to fully incontinent, poor old girl and is now pretty much leaking urine all the time But despite being stinky, she's pretty happy and the vet just shrugged and said.. she's an old dog its what happens.. So we have bought a vax and I guess we will vax wash instead of hoover and I have booked the carpet guy to come round and price up laying lino through the living room.

Here are some tips I have used and do seem to work

Make the stain good and wet with biological washing powder and water... Scrub well... Then get a towel and jump up and down on the stain to remove excess water... Now get baking powder and sprinkle liberally on to the area and wait... as the area dries the baking powder will go yellow as it draws the urine out of the carpet... Once it is dry (leave overnight if possible) hoover up the baking powder, then with a 50% white vinegar and 50% water mix wipe over the stain again to remove the odour... Let the vinegar dry out, it will smell a bit like you have pickled your carpet, but as it dries the smell will go and so will the wee smell.

Then vax or carpet shampoo...

If there is still a stain repeat the whole thing...

The stain will likely spread as you clean it, so you'll need to clean well outside the stain.

Good luck:P I know what a horrible stain it is to chase around!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 05:34 AM
Poor Roxy became bowel incontinent towards the end. We covered all the carpeted area downstairs with old towels/rugs that were easy to just lift and put in the washing machine.

I'm happy to say we had plenty, so the carpet pretty much survived. Mind you, you had to cover every inch.... if there was a gap, she would find it..... bless

krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Vinegar is good if you don't want to use chemicals, white vinegar smells a bit less "chip shop"-y than malt.
I used the Simple Solution stuff too when my indoor house bunny had health issues and had a few accidents on the carpet. It even worked on a coffee stain on the rug, to my mum's relief (she spilt the coffee, not me!)