View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 08:43 AM

New foster dog. The type I tend to avoid normally...

Kymm from the rescue rang me and sadly she had a choice of new dogs coming in for me to chose from. When she mentioned a Shih tzu/Maltese type my first thought was NO! Lily has huge issues with small, white, fluffy, female dogs so that wouldn't be a good idea would it?

I thought about it and decided maybe it would be a chance to get her over this irrational dislike of fluffybum dogs that has ruled our walks for the last few months.

So armed with Gerri and the good advice she gives me, we drove over to Kent yesterday morning. I muzzled Lily so as not to give her the opportunity to start trouble and ironically there was another Jrt and a terrier mix already running around. Lily had no choice but stand and behave which she did beautifully.

Foster dog was brought out. A pitiful looking dog with bald patches where she'd been so matted, discolouration of her fur where she'd been chewing it and the prettiest face you've ever seen!

I could almost feel Lily's eyes popping out as she spotted the one type of dog she has a problem with but she stayed calm and Daisy (as Gerri has christened her ) was equally calm too. We chatted for a while and then took the dogs for a brief walk so my 2 could stretch their legs and have a pee. We let them off their leads and took Lily's muzzle off. All good. She briefly sniffed Daisy and then ignored her.

I went straight to another friends when we got back home (who I am hoping will fall for little Daisy) and look what happened then....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YiKc4XdKTk
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Sometimes they surprise the heck out of us!

I was worried when I brought Boo home that there'd be some issues between him and Oliver... Oliver's never had a male dog in the same house as him, and with his aggression issues, I was worried... for naught. they were great friends the minute they met!

Daisy's a real cutie! Lily seems quite taken with her
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:08 AM
oh how cute daisy, i followed ur link and love her with alfie - how cute is that !!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Sometimes they surprise the heck out of us!

I was worried when I brought Boo home that there'd be some issues between him and Oliver... Oliver's never had a male dog in the same house as him, and with his aggression issues, I was worried... for naught. they were great friends the minute they met!

Daisy's a real cutie! Lily seems quite taken with her
Don't they just!! Honestly I avoid these dogs like the plague when we are out as she is so unpredictable with them. She's never bitten one but she has pinned them down and behaved in a totally unacceptable manner. It just goes to show that it wasn't as bad as I thought and given the opportunity, she can behave beautifully!

She is a sweetie, currently a smelly sweetie but I'm going to give her a bath shortly!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Aaww thats lovely. Wht a pretty girl, they all look so relaxed
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:19 AM
That's so nice.
I looked at the one with the 3 of them on too - she's very playful isn't she and seems very at ease with yours.
Bless her x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
oh how cute daisy, i followed ur link and love her with alfie - how cute is that !!!
That video is amazing isn't it! For all those who say bullbreeds are naturally aggressive and intolerant of other dogs, well they clearly haven't met Alfie! He's a little star with her, but what a cheeky minx she is!

Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Aaww thats lovely. Wht a pretty girl, they all look so relaxed
She will look prettier when I bath her later! She is one stinky, yucky little girlie at the moment!

Originally Posted by CuteRotts View Post
That's so nice.
I looked at the one with the 3 of them on too - she's very playful isn't she and seems very at ease with yours.
Bless her x
Great isn't it! Lily is brilliant around her and Alfie, well he is just wonderful with little dogs!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Awh bless them. Shes pretty. Did your friend like her?

Bet she will feel better after her bath!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 10:02 AM
What a star Lily is....and Alfie is amazing....well done to all of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2011, 10:11 AM
what a great video, well done lilly and the other video, how good is alfie!!! bless him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >