View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:13 PM
All of the above and today , people who do not use poo bags and I end up with it all over my shoes !!!!!!!!!!
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:32 PM
people who say my dogs scared of yours and expect me to put my dog on a lead when he aint doing nothing wrong! had this a few times from people who own tiny dogs.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Couldn't have put this better so I pinched it!!

Those stupidly annoying little petrol powered trail bikes meaning the entire summer on a towpath sounds like a fly fart with the constant plllllfllflffsfffffftttt drone.

we get kids on them locally too just to add to the fun

Oh and out of control dogs with stupid owners!
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:42 PM
rabbit holes........ i twisted my ankle the other week (ouch) i had to hobble all the way home which was a fair few miles... by that time it had swollen up big time.

Curses to those inconsiderate rabbits digging their half-holes in places like parks! lol.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:51 PM
People who let their dogs charge up to Cherry when she is clearly on a lead (she is partly blind and reactive to unfamiliar large dogs). It is usually Staffy owners, as was the case on last night's walk unfortunately.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Generally, other dog walkers and dogs, plus kids, are the banes of my life.

I dont mind dog walkers who keep their dogs from approaching but thats not gonna happen most of the time so it's easier if neither are present!

Oh, and cows are also a pain in the backside. Many a time i've been enjoying a walk through the countryside only to find my path crosses a field full of cows. I wont attempt to walk through them so I either have to turn back or find another route that isnt miles out of my way.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
What is the bane of you dog walks ??
Other people ? Nope Tilly loves other people - infact she prefers them to their dogs usually, epsecially the ones with biscuits and yet in the house she's not keen on people!
Out of control dogs ? Yes. There are 1 or 2 who we avoid when we see them coming!

Out of control kids ? Nope
Bikes? Nope
Or something completely different.....
cats & pheasants ohh & organic horse treats, fox poo, grass seeds & sticky bud things
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Everything!

Joggers are a massive pet peeve. I have a dog that will give chase and try to jump up (although she doesn't generally make contact) so I have to be careful. I guess this problem is my making though, noone elses!

Cats are another one. Especially the cats that just sit in the middle of the pavement hissing and spitting, not budging an inch. Or the ones that leap out right in front of you.

Clingy dog walkers. I don't mind saying hello or having a quick chat, but I don't want to walk with you for an hour with you telling me your life story!
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2011, 07:18 PM
It varies on where we walk, but in the main its selfish dog owners that don't control their dog or pick up poop. We also live near a school & i get fed up of all the dumped lunch leftovers.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-05-2011, 08:07 PM
nought....i rarely have any problems really
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >