Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:32 AM

Edition Of Luxe Bulldogs (rose Hears)

I've just seen this vid, and I am disgusted at it, why do people think that this is ok?

I also think that although the ear may now be correct for the breed standard, but not correct for the puppy, to me the correct ear is the one that it was born with.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Saw a dobe at training with cropped ears a few weeks back.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Not knowing a lot about the Bulldog , and the desired ear set , (you learn something new every day , it seems) and in the great scheme of the dog world, I cant see how that would be high up there.

The puppy did not flinch when he stapled his ear together, but then vets use staples all the time so if you consider that video to be disgusting, then the same should be said for any form of stapling.

The puppy was not traumatized, nor did it cry.

I think there are far more things in life to get "disgusted " over.

Gorgeous pup though.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Not knowing a lot about the Bulldog , and the desired ear set , (you learn something new every day , it seems) and in the great scheme of the dog world, I cant see how that would be high up there.

The puppy did not flinch when he stapled his ear together, but then vets use staples all the time so if you consider that video to be disgusting, then the same should be said for any form of stapling.

Gorgeous pup though.
Thankfully its not allowed the uk, as its termed a veterainry procedure, so I think that some people may have other ideas although even jermina Harrison partly agrees with you.

Now, not even the stapling appears to hurt the puppies so I am not claiming that this is causing the dogs pain (although joining two surfaces together that nature rendered apart is going to cause irritation or infection in some cases). But what do you all reckon?
http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.com/

But I do think that its disgusting that because of peoples idea of whats right and what isn't dogs are having what I believe can only be termed as comestic procedures to please what ideas are in peoples heads.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Gorgeous pup though.
not for cosmetic reasons tho....
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm glad this procedure is banned in the UK, dogs should not have to go through this just for appearance.
To my knowledge there is no health benefits to have cropped ears... Unless maybe some dog breeds which do suffer regular ear problems. - but i mean when do you see a basset hound or a spaniel with cropped ears??? You wouldn't. Its almost always the "guarding" or "fighting" breeds.

Personally if it were me i would never have my dog cropped (tail or ears) unless it were a working dog and it would be safer for the dog to be that way. I'm one of those really annoying people that just loves rottweilers with tails

Either way you look at it, it should be done by a vet in a very sterile environment. I mean, has that stapler gun thing been used on any other dogs? What has it been cleaned and sterilised with? girmies could be anywhere just waiting to give the poor pup an ear infection.

I saw two cane corsos the other day, one had been imported from italy and the other bred here so the one from italy had cropped ears, and the other (normal) ears. The one with the normal ears looked much nicer! It didnt have these funny little stubs.
Dooley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-05-2011, 06:26 PM
horrified , never ever seen that done before
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Thankfully its not allowed the uk, as its termed a veterainry procedure.
Really?

Who would know?
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Really?

Who would know?
I don't know if a vet would actually perform this surgey would they? As its against the law i would have guessed they can only do it under a medical reason and not just for cosmetics.

I know cropped ears being done DIY is a big problem in america, particuarly in pitbullls. if you look on some of the breed rescue sites for pits, you can see some ears which have been cropped very wrong and caused the dog all sorts of problems. Poor babies.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2011, 09:25 PM
As far as that video goes its not "surgical" at all. You can buy those stapler guns very easily.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >