View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 06:58 PM
Ahem for those with short memory (Malka)
Can you AFFORD to get a dog? - Page 2

Actually instead of spending one thousand pounds sterling to take your pet to the UK, I would, and did, give that amount of money to someone who needed it it.

What gives you, Tang, the right to start a thread that makes you sound out that you are so special and so much better than anyone else.
You then made an even more personal attacking post which you subsequently deleted.

Then went on to say

It is nobody's business whether I can or cannot afford to "get" a dog.
As if I'd asked the question of YOU specifically instead of raising it generally in the 'debate' section.

Further

I do not like the question in this OP because it makes me feel that I am wrong in having been "AFFORDED To GET A DOG"

None of your business Tang as to whether any or us can afford to get a dog or not.
Well, hell just read the thread to refresh your own memory.

You don't have to 'like' questions in a debate. You give your opinion without personally attacking other posters (as you did me).

If you hadn't made such an about turn post in this thread - I wouldn't have mentioned it again. You've got a very short term memory. I haven't.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 07:12 PM
I posted on that thread, as well. But I don't remember reading all of that. Admittedly I didn't read the entire post. Again, maybe Malka has had a change of heart, which is why I won't dwell on it.

That thread was kind of... EHH but then again it was in the debate section so that's okay IMO. Malka is older than us, and she often has a lot on her mind. I'm willing to let it all go, hopefully others will do the same.

I think she deserves a break. I'm sure she meant no harm by what she said. I'm not trying to say what she said was right, but that it should be forgiven if she had a change of heart, said something she didn't mean, or in a moment of stress... acted out of character in any way.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I posted on that thread, as well. But I don't remember reading all of that. Admittedly I didn't read the entire post. Again, maybe Malka has had a change of heart, which is why I won't dwell on it.

That thread was kind of... EHH but then again it was in the debate section so that's okay IMO. Malka is older than us, and she often has a lot on her mind. I'm willing to let it all go, hopefully others will do the same.

I think she deserves a break. I'm sure she meant no harm by what she said. I'm not trying to say what she said was right, but that it should be forgiven if she had a change of heart, said something she didn't mean, or in a moment of stress... acted out of character in any way.
It is true Malka was under a lot of strain at the time and she did later apologise but she did say it, so whether she's had a change of heart or not since then, there is no point denying it. I don't think age is the issue at all as Tang is pretty ancient too
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
It is true Malka was under a lot of strain at the time and she did later apologise but she did say it, so whether she's had a change of heart or not since then, there is no point denying it. I don't think age is the issue at all as Tang is pretty ancient too
I am indeed and thank you for that sharp reminder! However I do still (just) have all my marbles in a straight row!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
I am indeed and thank you for that sharp reminder! However I do still (just) have all my marbles in a straight row!
I'm not far behind you
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

04-04-2014, 07:40 PM
I think that this comment:

But got shot down in flames by one member in particular who told me it was DISGUSTING that I paid over £1K to fly my pet to the UK for me and should have given the money to the needy.
is slightly different to what I actually said

Actually instead of spending one thousand pounds sterling to take your pet to the UK, I would, and did, give that amount of money to someone who needed it it.
That was an opinion, what I would have done. I say not say it was "disgusting" nor did I say that the money should have been given to the needy.

And I, too, still "have all my marbles in a straight row" in spite of my age.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 07:47 PM
With two pups and grand niece here tonight my marbles most definitely are not in a straight row but I remember that thread too and what was going on around it at the time, think many of us were very stressed and not that it excuses anything but we do need to occasionally cut each other some slack when things are going wrong with our dogs.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
Last word on the subject. As I said you deleted your worst post. But it is a debate section and AZZ did explain what 'debate' is for those who didn't know. And my thread in there was not aimed at ANYONE. It was a subject hopefully up for discussion.

Lots of us have pain and problems in our lives. But not all of us hang them out on the forum or use them to excuse bad behaviour towards others.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Last word on the subject. As I said you deleted your worst post. But it is a debate section and AZZ did explain what 'debate' is for those who didn't know. And my thread in there was not aimed at ANYONE. It was a subject hopefully up for discussion.

Lots of us have pain and problems in our lives. But not all of us hang them out on the forum or use them to excuse bad behaviour towards others.
That's true but occasionally I think people use the forum in different ways to rant and rave a bit, would be nice if we could all be even tempered at all times but as has been pointed out to me on the other forum azz runs it's up to me to ignore poster who targets insults swears and calls me names so I guess this comes under that umbrella too.

I do agree with you though Tang it shouldn't be allowed.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Yes, of course. In all honesty (and to no offense) most posters on this site are "ancient" compared to me since I'm 24. Or perhaps I'm just "immature" in comparison

I did see her apology on the thread, and she does tend to "attack" members when she is feeling emotional, but I guess it could happen to many people.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >