View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Coco's not ugly, what a thing to say, am glad she's with you all now, six dogs Bet they keep you busy, lovely photos x
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Please Fail
She looks so happy with your other dogs. Fingers crossed here for your failure That sounds so wrong, but you know what i mean
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Do you know what her skin complaint is ?

mange or just low immune system ?
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Do you know what her skin complaint is ?

mange or just low immune system ?
We don't know what's wrong with her yet. The vet doesn't think it's mange but she can't rule it out so she's going for skin scrapings tomorrow bless her. If they come back negative then she'll have some blood work done. In the mean time I'm armed with Advocate for the others and household spray and my washing machine will be full of dog bed covers!!!
Coc's on antibiotics and steroids at the moment but the first day she arrived I bathed her in Exmarid and she looked better in a few hours. She's not itching so I'm hoping it's just a nervous thing and will get better now she's happy and on good food.
We're feeding her sensitive food in case it's an allergy.
She's soooo adorable and thankyou all for your kind comments
She loves Poppy and now Popster has someone to play with instead of mithering poor old Otis all the time!!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Aw she is delightful!! I know I'd fail if I fostered her!!
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
We don't know what's wrong with her yet. The vet doesn't think it's mange but she can't rule it out so she's going for skin scrapings tomorrow bless her. If they come back negative then she'll have some blood work done. In the mean time I'm armed with Advocate for the others and household spray and my washing machine will be full of dog bed covers!!!
Coc's on antibiotics and steroids at the moment but the first day she arrived I bathed her in Exmarid and she looked better in a few hours. She's not itching so I'm hoping it's just a nervous thing and will get better now she's happy and on good food.
We're feeding her sensitive food in case it's an allergy.
She's soooo adorable and thankyou all for your kind comments
She loves Poppy and now Popster has someone to play with instead of mithering poor old Otis all the time!!
From the pictures it does not look like mange it looks to me like she is just run down and some love and care and a good diet will sort it out.
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:03 AM
She looks incredibly settled! You would never guess she wasnt one of your dogs already! Staffies do have a way of weasling their way into your heart!
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
I'm so proud of Graham too...he told that horrible couple not to ask him for another dog as he will not place one with them. He said that they were not the kind of people he was looking to home dogs with!

Well done both of you.Coco has had a lucky escape not going to this unworthy couple.There's nothing ugly about a staffie they are a lovely looking breed.She has landed on her paws in your home and I hope she gets to stay with your happy doggie family.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Thankyou I think she's already found her foerever home to be honest! She really is very placid and the least trouble of the lot of them!! I think we both knew that when we decided to foster her we were just kidding ourselves!! I've always loved staffies and to find one that's as quiet as her is amazing!! She's settled so well in a few days that I think to now rehome her would be cruel and it would set her backwards.
A lady came to see her the day after she arrived and this lady was lovely and a true staffie lover but as soon as I put my dogs out of the room so she could see Coco, our little foster went all subdued. As soon as she went and I let the dogs back in she came alive again. Enough said really!!
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-05-2011, 10:32 AM
I agree-enough said!

just saw the photos of her with Danny and Guiness and she looks like she has been with them for ever!!

Can I just thank Graham for telling that couple their fortune
they are obviously NOT genuine dog lovers to say that to your face-and after all what matters is not the looks but the personality and Coco has certainly got that!

(We have a "foster cat" called Dougal who came here 14 yrs ago with terrible cat flu-he looked like the Jolly Green Giant and has sort of crossed eyes
He is still here-minus the cat flu and he is SO loving)

Well done both of you
Maureen

Look forward to lots more photos
good luck at the vets tomorrow-bet they will all fall in love with her there too-who couldnt?
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >