View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Thank you so much for all the replies, it helps so much to vent on here, and I always get so much support from you all. Thanks also for the hugs and kisses xx

The letter that they had before Christmas from the police advised that the dog had to be kept on a lead in a public place, I've seen them a couple of times since then, the dog has been on alead although always attempts to attack Henry as we go past, if I see them then I turn and go a different way, or I will wait as far away from the path as possibly until they go by. The owner tried to tell the police that Henry was the only dog hers had a problem with and that he intimidated her dog Fortunately I was able to give them details of other dogs it had attacked so they issued the warning letter. My contact at the police has said they will be issued with a dangerous dog letter this time, I'm not sure what that entails but at least I feel that they do respond immediately I make a complaint. Sadly, I know this doesn't happen in other areas so I do feel grateful that my complaints are upheld.

Henry seems fine, he's quite bouncy but thats probably because he's had a bath and he thinks he is off to a show anytime soon...little nutcase.

I think you're right about him H..he is the same as Zena, they think enough is enough and now they aren't taking any more, and who can blame them? I used to enjoy our walks but these days I'm always wary as to which dogs are around and whether they are under control.

Thanks again everyone, I would imagine Chrissie will update me once she has been to see them again...I expect the girl will say it was Henry offlead that attacked her dog....will be funny if she does as everyone knows he's only ever allowed off in one place.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 02:49 PM
So sorry to hear what's happened. I agree with others, in that I'd suggest calling your police contact tomorrow to ensure she received the message and is dealign with it.

Also, I think you should push fo rthe police to apply for the Court Order to be enforced. You may even be able to do this yourself depending ont eh circumstances surroudning how the order was granted.

There wil be specific consequences such as the destruction fo the dog, monetary fines, time in prison for breaching a Court Order.

If the policer are reluctant to do much, if anything tell them you feared for your own safety as Henry dragged you when he tried to get at the Westie. This will be the equivalent of putting a stick of dynamite up there ar$es.

Good Luck and healing hugs from all of us for both you and Henry. xx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Big hugs to you and henry and I hope that it all gets delt with apropriately,

We came across an EBT this morning with his face covered in blood after being attacked by a lurcher Luckily i had my first aid kit on me so cleaned him up and gave him a lift to the vet but i seem to meet someone thats had some kind of incident every day
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
So sorry to hear what's happened. I agree with others, in that I'd suggest calling your police contact tomorrow to ensure she received the message and is dealign with it.

Also, I think you should push fo rthe police to apply for the Court Order to be enforced. You may even be able to do this yourself depending ont eh circumstances surroudning how the order was granted.

There wil be specific consequences such as the destruction fo the dog, monetary fines, time in prison for breaching a Court Order.

If the policer are reluctant to do much, if anything tell them you feared for your own safety as Henry dragged you when he tried to get at the Westie. This will be the equivalent of putting a stick of dynamite up there ar$es.

Good Luck and healing hugs from all of us for both you and Henry. xx
Many thanks for that xx

I know that Chrissie got my message as she replied to let me know she wasn't on duty today but would sort it out tomorrow. I trust her implicitly, she dealt with this dog before, and the one that attacked Hen so badly he needed an op...she knows that I won't give up without a fight
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Many thanks for that xx

I know that Chrissie got my message as she replied to let me know she wasn't on duty today but would sort it out tomorrow. I trust her implicitly, she dealt with this dog before, and the one that attacked Hen so badly he needed an op...she knows that I won't give up without a fight
Glad to hear it and pleased to hear that Henry is back to being bouncy again. As you have police who do what they're supposed to, let them get on with it and try not to think about it too much otherwise it will play on your mind.

Keep us posted.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Many thanks for that xx

The one thing in your favour here Sheree, is the fact that it could have injured you badly! Afterall, you don't expect to walk down the street with a well behaved dog at the end of a lead and end up getting dragged for any other reason than what happened to you, so make sure you emphasize all of that. My poor friend who was knocked over by that muzzled weim when it made an attack on her poor flatcoat, STILL hasn't got any satisfaction, even though she's now given them the car reg for them to take action, she's heard nothing! You're lucky that you have a nice policelady like I do here, who you are on first name terms with, that is going to fight your corner and get justice for poor Henry. If you hear nothing, then keep at it (which I know you will!).

In view of what's happened now, I'm wondering if you can laise with the owners and find out the times they will be taking this dog out, maybe a phone call to you beforehand, so you can stay safe and walk at a different time with Henry for the time being? If it was MY dog who attacked him, I'd do that out of common courtesy, so why shouldn't they?!
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Oh! Sheree, you really do not need this, poor Henry and poor you, I worry when Kyesh is growled at and he growls back, but he has never been attacked on a walk, like you say when you see a likely growly dog you go another way, I get in the nearest field. My first blue used to be growled and barked at by an ESS, eventually when Denim had been in kennels, which were very noisy, so when I picked himup we went straight for a walk, and this dog started, Denim appeared to snap and went in for the kill, I never saw the dog again and Denim never behaved like that again, he was 12 when he went to the bridge, I don't think ES live in this world they have their own quiet, cuddly place where only nice things happen, and are shocked when things like this happen. Henry's testoserone levels are a little upside down he's maturing. At the MESS show his brother and Kyesh had a staring match, Hugo would have happly had a go at Ky and vice a verca, because they are maturing males, Kyesh is just that little bit older and has just started to settle down? Only one thing fore it you will have to move up here. Loads of hugs and kisses from the Evans household and if kyesh wakes up and gets off my knee I will tell him to send Hen a big Cyba doggy kiss
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 04:02 PM
What a terrible thing to happen, really sorry to hear it Sheree. Hope you and Henry are ok Silly woman, as well as endangering other dogs and owners she is also putting her own dog at risk. Keep us posted.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
The one thing in your favour here Sheree, is the fact that it could have injured you badly! Afterall, you don't expect to walk down the street with a well behaved dog at the end of a lead and end up getting dragged for any other reason than what happened to you, so make sure you emphasize all of that. My poor friend who was knocked over by that muzzled weim when it made an attack on her poor flatcoat, STILL hasn't got any satisfaction, even though she's now given them the car reg for them to take action, she's heard nothing! You're lucky that you have a nice policelady like I do here, who you are on first name terms with, that is going to fight your corner and get justice for poor Henry. If you hear nothing, then keep at it (which I know you will!).

In view of what's happened now, I'm wondering if you can laise with the owners and find out the times they will be taking this dog out, maybe a phone call to you beforehand, so you can stay safe and walk at a different time with Henry for the time being? If it was MY dog who attacked him, I'd do that out of common courtesy, so why shouldn't they?!
Thanks H

Funnily enough, when the first order was placed on the dog, Chrissie came back to me and said this woman would like to exchange phone numbers so we can work out when we walk our dogs and avoid each other. Maybe I'm totally in the wrong here but I refused, I didn't want our walks planned around what she wants to do, I said that, so long as the dog was kept on a lead at all times I wanted us both to be free to go where we wanted and when we wanted, I sometimes have to alter my walk times depending on deliveries etc or if Clive needs me to be at home a certain time.

The other thing is, they flatly refuse to think they or their dog are in the wrong, they said that Henry intimidated him because of his size, the lady with the OES was told that her puppy got attacked because the westie couldn't see it's eyes!! The owner of the OES held the dogs fringe up and the westie still came after it.

It's a nasty piece of work and they need to realise that and keep it under control...it worries me enormously that Henry may turn nasty, he has started to grumble at some dogs already, not his friends but dogs he hasn't met..he grumbled at poor Kyesh who was only coming over to say hello

Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
Oh! Sheree, you really do not need this, poor Henry and poor you, I worry when Kyesh is growled at and he growls back, but he has never been attacked on a walk, like you say when you see a likely growly dog you go another way, I get in the nearest field. My first blue used to be growled and barked at by an ESS, eventually when Denim had been in kennels, which were very noisy, so when I picked himup we went straight for a walk, and this dog started, Denim appeared to snap and went in for the kill, I never saw the dog again and Denim never behaved like that again, he was 12 when he went to the bridge, I don't think ES live in this world they have their own quiet, cuddly place where only nice things happen, and are shocked when things like this happen. Henry's testoserone levels are a little upside down he's maturing. At the MESS show his brother and Kyesh had a staring match, Hugo would have happly had a go at Ky and vice a verca, because they are maturing males, Kyesh is just that little bit older and has just started to settle down? Only one thing fore it you will have to move up here. Loads of hugs and kisses from the Evans household and if kyesh wakes up and gets off my knee I will tell him to send Hen a big Cyba doggy kiss
Thanks Gayle, when Hen met Kyesh and growled I was shocked, I know he had just been jumped on by another dog but it really did surprise me...I am working hard on keeping him nice and things like today can really put you back to square one

Thanks for Hen's kiss xx

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
What a terrible thing to happen, really sorry to hear it Sheree. Hope you and Henry are ok Silly woman, as well as endangering other dogs and owners she is also putting her own dog at risk. Keep us posted.
Thanks Jane

We're fine thanks, we went out a short while ago, he met up with his two Irish lady friends and enjoyed a snuggle and a bounce, he was limping slightly on the way back, so I will keep a close eye on his foot.

I'll let you all know as soon as I have heard anything else
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Big hugs to you and henry and I hope that it all gets delt with apropriately,

We came across an EBT this morning with his face covered in blood after being attacked by a lurcher Luckily i had my first aid kit on me so cleaned him up and gave him a lift to the vet but i seem to meet someone thats had some kind of incident every day
Thanks so much Unfortunately it seems to be a regular occurance these days, and Henry and I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »