Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Boxacrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-06-2012, 08:24 PM

Blackpool Ch show - cancelled for last 2 days

OFFICIAL NOTICE: Blackpool Show committee have just announced that the show has been cancelled for the remaining two days due to the adverse weather conditions. They tried to secure another car park across the road but were unable to do so due to a large growing crop not yet harvested.

As per Fosse Data
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2012, 09:10 PM
It was absolutely horrendous! Up to out ankles in mud and that was INSIDE rings at 9am! Just awful. Worst I have ever known. Cars were being towed ON aswell as off!!
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Feel so sorry for all concerned ..but i think cancelling was the only decision they could make in the circumstances - when will this horrible weather ever end !!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2012, 05:51 AM
I am so sorry for the organisers and the exhibitors, unlucky for Blackpool as they had to cancel a few years ago because of high winds.

I had planned to enter and stay on the showground in the caravan but decided against, a lucky decision.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2012, 06:14 AM
I was there yesterday and it really was awful. It's the right decision, but a real shame.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2012, 09:14 AM
I dont think it was a shame, Im quite angry with them.

They were charging £10.00 for parking on the day. My friends arrived but left at 9.30am. They have a motorhome and had paid to park in that area. At 11.50 they were STILL waiting to be towed off! Not only that, my friend who is 72 was made to get under the motorhome himself and hitch up the tow ropes. He was in a dreaful state. He had to drive home like that. What was the car park fees paying for? Then, they have the cheek to say they tried to secure another field to park in. What about the bloody showground? It was absolutely disgraceful. The dogs were knee deep in mud, it was over our ankles by 10.00and and that was INSIDE rings!

This was our inside ring after puppy dog!

I feel sorry for the exhibitors that cannot go.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Totally unexpected weather at this time of year---very hard for everyone concerned. Nice to see dogs shown in 'natural' circumstances I suppose

A friend had a tibetan there and he got a tad muddy as well!

rune
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Blackpool was called off a few years ago too due to bad weather, one of the huge marquees blew down. The stewards were racing round just saying "get out of here!" Scary. I wasnt at that one though.

Livvy went in and dipped her head in a pool of mud! Looked fabulous!!
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2012, 11:32 AM
It was a shame but the committee totally made the right decision. I've lost my entries and my prepaid hotel but that's life. The safety of my dogs and I come first. The Blackpool show is one of the best ones on the show circuit in my opinion and I will support them with an entry again next year. I was there the year of the gales. Our marquee was the only one that didn't come down or incur damage.