Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2012, 08:50 PM

Basenji Brag

Just a little brag for us

Took the basenji-lings, Alice and Solar, to their first show sunday - Three Counties Championship Show. No CC's so sadly not a qualifying show for us, however Solar was Best Dog Puppy (only dog puppy there ) but did go on to get Reserve Best Dog behind his Uncle, who is one of the top basenjis Sister Alice was Best Bitch Puppy and Reserve Best Bitch behind mum Maya. Alice also won Best Puppy in Breed Sister Tilly who is owned by a friend who is new to basenjis was 2nd behind Alice in the puppy class.

Great day already, right?? It doesnt end there.....

As we had three of our pups there, we entered the Breeders Competition - first time we'd ever done it. And we won the Hound Breeders Group SO proud of that as these are from my first basenji litter from my precious Maya so I couldnt be more pleased!!

But... Could there possibly be still more news??

Solar went into the Puppy Stakes, we withdrew his sister as she was going into the Puppy Group (judge didnt look twice at her He really doesnt like mum Maya who Alice is a clone of!!! ), and he only went and won the Puppy Dog Stakes Class!!! THEN, he challenged the bitch - a very nice Border Terrier - and won that, winning the day's heat

Did I mention that this was the pups VERY first show and they are 6 months and 1 week old?? Very proud mum here
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 12:35 AM
bleedin' heck! that's one hell of a haul for a first show! well done you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 04:41 AM
Well done, Jessica!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 06:26 AM
Great start Jess, I am so pleased for you! I am also very happy that we have a newcomer to the breed, I hope she continues to show.