View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Abbas_786
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-03-2005, 11:05 AM
i will try recalling with him he only comes if u kneel down and call so he can cuddle, also i have started to stop when he pulls and will continue this and hope he learns i tried to give him treats but when he realises theyre in my pocket he just keeps jumping up on me his walks vary in length i dont think he stops because of that,sometimes after 5mins he decides he doesn't want to walk other times he is ok for 1hour, i only take him of the lead when no1 else is around otherwise he forgets who he is walking him and wonders after other people lol..
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2005, 11:14 AM
when u give him a treat bring it down to his level, he will soon learn that treats are given at his height so he doesnt have to reach to get them
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 11:49 AM
rule of thumb for pups on walks is - 5 mins per every month of pups age, so your pup is 5 months that mean 25 mins walking per day, you may want to split the walk into 2 walks. I hours walk for a dog of 5 months is way too much, the impact on his joints could be damaging. If you reduce his walking time he may seem more eager to go on his walks.

Also, Maybe spend some extra time at home doing some training with him as this is good mental stimulation - they say 20 mins of mental stimulation (ie training) is the equivalent to 1 hour off lead.

Giving your dog a filled kong is another way of giving your dog some mental stimulation.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2005, 11:56 AM
just laughing - If I stopped with Bruno every time he pulled - we wouldnt get anywhere - i did persevere with the stopping thing - it literally took us hours to get round the block - as soon as we start again he is even more excited so pulls more !!!!!! LOL

I have one arm like Popeye its sooo muscly !!
my dog is very badly trained - I admit it !!!!!

dani
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2