Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
I understand the rules and regulations however sometimes people just need to be understand and be compassionate towards one another. I'm sure if the op discovers the dog is left to fend for itself in anyway they would appeal to their friends to resolve the situation however as it stands at the moment the dog is not suffering the fate that has been alluded to in previous posts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I'm sure this is something that has been said many a time in order to back out of a thread and I admit this is what I am doing now. I do not wish to make an enemy of anyone but I wished to show support for someone who asked an interesting question and in the end was backed in to a corner with no way out by a group who felt differently from their opinion.
Which whether we like it or not is part of forum life, every one has an opinion, they voice it, if one is sensitive to replies its best not to put oneself in the position in the first place.

You are entitled to show support for others , as others are entitled to voice distain.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Which whether we like it or not is part of forum life, every one has an opinion, they voice it, if one is sensitive to replies its best not to put oneself in the position in the first place.

You entitled to show support for others as others are entitled to voice distain.
Fair enough and I will continue to show support. If the same should ever happen to you, upon starting a thread, I will show support to you as well, provided I agree with it. I guess I was just hoping for more understanding from a group of like minded (even where disagreements are concerned, we all have animals best interests at heart after all) individuals were gathering to hold discussions.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Fair enough and I will continue to show support. If the same should ever happen to you, upon starting a thread, I will show support to you as well, provided I agree with it. I guess I was just hoping for more understanding from a group of like minded (even where disagreements are concerned, we all have animals best interests at heart after all) individuals were gathering to hold discussions.
Exactlyb

I thank you in advance, and if on the off chance you should disagree with my opinion, I won't be offended if you back me into a corner.

I, m a big girl and don't get upset if many disagree with me
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Exactlyb

I thank you in advance, and if on the off chance you should disagree with my opinion, I won't be offended if you back me into a corner.

I, m a big girl and don't get upset if many disagree with me
I hope to never back anyone in to a corner but if I should you are welcome to call me on it
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 08:04 PM
I understand the rules and regulations however sometimes people just need to be understand and be compassionate towards one another. I'm sure if the op discovers the dog is left to fend for itself in anyway they would appeal to their friends to resolve the situation however as it stands at the moment the dog is not suffering the fate that has been alluded to in previous posts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I'm sure this is something that has been said many a time in order to back out of a thread and I admit this is what I am doing now. I do not wish to make an enemy of anyone but I wished to show support for someone who asked an interesting question and in the end was backed in to a corner with no way out by a group who felt differently from their opinion.
Well said, I find it very sad that grown people find backing anyone into a corner in during a discussion acceptable.

I personally have no problem with dogs being kept outside (chained or kennelled) just so long as the dogs needs are met appropriately. I think some people do get carried away with seeing dogs as small, furry, children. They're not, they're dogs.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
You`re having a laugh, yes?
Tell you what - tie one of your dogs up. Love them, feed them all you like. Now do it for a year. Or ten. Or till they die. Do you feel good about that?
Spurious red herrings don`t change the fact that chaining up for years a horse, dog, cat, child, pig or any other living creature is wrong.
You seriously can`t see that?
how is it any more wrong than keeping them in a run ?

But she didn't , she said guard and chained,!!

One can always not post if one does not want opinions that don't suit.

and after all a chain is used to tether a dog so whats the difference ?
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Well said, I find it very sad that grown people find backing anyone into a corner in during a discussion acceptable.

I personally have no problem with dogs being kept outside (chained or kennelled) just so long as the dogs needs are met appropriately. I think some people do get carried away with seeing dogs as small, furry, children. They're not, they're dogs.
Thank you.
cath25
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Totally agree with this. Mine are mainly outdoor dogs, sleep in kennels and only have access to the back part of the house (office, utility and kitchen).

They get a heck of a lot more physical and mental stimulation than the average "much loved pet" - so who is the better owner? If I'm seen as not loving my dogs simply because they aren't attached to me 24/7 then so be it.
I agree totally with this, My 4 living out are spaniels and 1 collie X and they are some of the happiest dogs around - you can ask anyone! They go for walks, have cuddles, come to the horses,come for rides in the car, & generaly spend all day with someone, only difference is they snuggle down together in knee deep straw then on the bed with us!

The OP has said that the dog isnt chained up 24/7 only at times when the owner is occupied! What is the problem?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I notice a pattern with the same poster/s almost bullying op on yet another of her threads. It seems people have jumped on the "chained up" and "guard dog" words in her post and chosen to ignore anything else said.

I wouldn't keep a dog tied up bit if it's cared for in every other way (the same if it was in a kennel and run) I see no problem with it.
Thanks for pointing this out. It happens every time I post something. The slightest thing gets picked on. My
Majority of picture threads go un-noticed, and I posted another thread in the nutrition section which has had 2 replies..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by cath25 View Post
I agree totally with this, My 4 living out are spaniels and 1 collie X and they are some of the happiest dogs around - you can ask anyone! They go for walks, have cuddles, come to the horses,come for rides in the car, & generaly spend all day with someone, only difference is they snuggle down together in knee deep straw then on the bed with us!

The OP has said that the dog isnt chained up 24/7 only at times when the owner is occupied! What is the problem?
Thank you.
Page 12 of 50 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 > Last »