View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Just Bought a Harness, For Meg @ 7Months and i walked her Back from the Pet shop on this and It Was quite easy to walk her Mind She Not really Pulling me Hard anyway anymore....I want it So i have a Lot more Contral over her....Lol
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 04:44 PM
we got no jwere round here that sells them though where i can try :S

i think he would be ok with a canny collar though

dont look too hard to put on
colliecrazy1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Think ive Seen them @ pets @ home, Or you can Try ebay shop.... or Im sure there will be a Website...Im sure Somone on here will Know....they are all a great help hear.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 07:14 PM
so try a canny collar or not ?
lol

i can get hoild of them online, cheaper too.

just dunno whether to try canny collar or harness, in another thread someone had success with canny collar and i quite like the look of them, so try it ???
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Hi, there I've got a canny collar but unfortunately my dog still walks like he's being tortured down the street, and pulls on it regardless that it's restricting him and he's managed to chew through the thin strap (there's two straps,one thick collar and one thin that wraps over the nose). We've used it every time since we've had it (about 4 months) and he tries to rub his face in our crotches, on the concrete, pretty much anything to try and get it off, even when he's on the lead - all in all a joyous walking event really

I've heard great things about the canny collar but I guess Fern's that one in a million dog where it just didn't work for him - but then that's no surprise when it comes to Fern really

Good luck with you research, hope you get a solution
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

23-03-2006, 07:25 PM
ok, someone want to lend me a sixe 5 canny collar ? lol
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Hi, there I've got a canny collar but unfortunately my dog still walks like he's being tortured down the street, and pulls on it regardless that it's restricting him and he's managed to chew through the thin strap (there's two straps,one thick collar and one thin that wraps over the nose). We've used it every time since we've had it (about 4 months) and he tries to rub his face in our crotches, on the concrete, pretty much anything to try and get it off, even when he's on the lead - all in all a joyous walking event really

I've heard great things about the canny collar but I guess Fern's that one in a million dog where it just didn't work for him - but then that's no surprise when it comes to Fern really

Good luck with you research, hope you get a solution
Fern and Takoda = Snap!

We haven't tried the Canny collar but have the 'dogmatic' head collar...It's been 4 months and we have used it every single walk and Takoda is still shoving his head in bushes, scraping his nose along the floor and he is getting worse not better on his head collar I decided to stop using it because I think with Takoda's personality he will never accept it. Where as my girl, Keena is like a dream with hers on...She still rubs her face when you stop to long but from day 1 she has walked lovely with it on.

I think I've hung in their long enough with Takoda wearing his headcollar and with most dogs they will get used to it and it is just about perseverance but at the same time you have to know your dog and what is working for him / her and what isn't.

Ceiron, people will recommend all kinds of different things that worked for them, but all dogs are individuals and what worked for one dog may be crap for you and your dog.

I don't use harness's for walking on my dogs now they are full grown because they can pull to hard wearing them, even the ones that say they help with pulling I feel they would still be able to pull because of their size. For BC's etc probably fine as they are quite light dogs, but dogs bigger than that they probably wont be so good for.
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

24-03-2006, 01:20 PM
hmm i have ordered a canny colalr now and will see how it goes.lol

if dont work can get a stop/pull harness thing quite chepaly to oso can try that

and if it stil ldont work then i will get him a cart to pull me in.lol
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 01:42 PM
lol...good luck with the canny collar...I'm thinking you will get on just fine with it
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2006, 02:32 PM
We user the stop/pull and it's not too bad. Snap with the Canny and Halti and not only did she act like she was being tortured, she escaped.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >