Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:05 PM

How I Came To Have Ciárna..

Not too long ago I wrote up this up on my [a social network] page and thought I'd share it with you all on here..........

In the Summer of 2009, June/July time I watched the film "Marley & Me". At this stage I had no dogs of my own but there was a black male Labrador Dog that lived 4 doors away from me. His name was Rover and he was a rescue dog. He was on death row if no one came to take him.

Anyway, I watched the film "Marley & Me" and laughed, smiled, cried and balled my eyes out at the very end. It was after I watched the film that I wanted a Labrador dog of my own. However, I wanted a black one to remind me of Rover because I loved Rover to bits. In fact, after "Marley & Me" had ended I went out the front looking for Rover to give him a hug and a treat but he was no at home. He was at his Grandfather's house a few miles away from where I lived at the time.

Each time when I went shopping, Rover was always on my shopping list to buy for even though he was not my dog. Rover was a special dog to me. He saw me through the misery I was going through at my last address. He always came to my house to visit me. We would've sat out the front for hours on end and I would've petted him. He loved it. He was such a big soppy pet. There wasn't a vicious bone in his body. If you had've kicked him he would've taken it and did nothing. Not that I would ever kick a dog but this is just an example of soft Rover was. He was such a big, big lick. Before he came to live with his new mum he was with evil people that kicked him and hit him. He was badly treated and he was very bad with his nerves.

I then got word about moving house. So, on September the 10th 2009 I moved and it was the happiest day of my life! However, on the other hand I was moving away from Rover and knew I wouldn't see him as much. On the day I moved out there were two removal men that were in the house moving out all of my stuff. They were telling me at my new address that a black dog had walked into the house looking for me but left. I cried as soon as they told me because Rover came in looking for a treat and to see me. I was not their. I was at my new address sorting out things. I was really sad.

However, on the 23rd of October 2009 I was given a black female Labrador puppy. I remember that morning so well. The guy that was giving me her came to my door at 8am. The door bell went and I opened the door and I was just in awe! The eyes, the size and it was just such a beautiful dog!! As soon as he came in the dog reached over to me and licked me all over my face. We bonded so quickly! And I loved Ciárna even more than I loved Rover because I knew Ciárna was MY dog. Ciárna was just 7 weeks and three days old at the time on the first day she came to live with me.

So, it was all because I saw the film "Marley & Me" that made me want a black Labrador. I had a name chosed about 3 or 4 weeks before Ciárna came to live with me. It took me roughly 3 to 4 months to think of a nice name for her and I am so glad I picked Ciárna because she suits it to the ground. It is an Irish name and it means "Little Black One".

I doubt it very much that Ciárna will ever be my last dog because I just couldn't imagine my house without one. I don't care about the hairs, the mess they make when eating treats, the mess they make when out in the garden, lifting their number two's, the Vet bill's, the extra responsibility, their barking and so on. It's their UNCONDITIONAL LOVE that they show their owners, their laughs that they give you and so on!! I just love my dog to pieces and I couldn't care less about the negative side. There are more positives to having a dog than negatives.

I used to be house proud but not as much now. I am still very clean but I couldn't care less about some of Ciárna's hairs on the floor. They will be hoovered up sooner or later.

Since I have had Ciárna, my health has improved in a lot of ways. I concentrate on her more now than I did before I was given her. I now concentrate more on the positive side of things than the negatives than I did at that last address. She has brought me to my senses to NOT live like a prisoner in my own home.

And this is all because of that film "Marley & Me".

Thanks for reading.

beau
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Aww that's a nice story.
Ciárna_Brighid
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by beau View Post
Aww that's a nice story.
Thank You Beau. It took me just under 15 minutes to write it. Everyone on [a social network] were amazed at how quickly I wrote it. It is from the heart and it is how I felt and still do. I will post some pictures of Rover later. I loved Rover to pieces at my previous address. This is no word of a joke but Rover was my rock!