Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 04:33 PM

Disabled Parking

Well its happened yet again, I go to the supermarket, to name it Asda in Chadderton, Oldham and as usual ALL the disabled parking spaces are taken up, by Staff and people who are not disabled!

How Rude!

I have RA and as a result cannot walk very far or very well and it really upsets me to see people who are perecftly healthy taking up the limited car parking that is meant for people who are mobility impaired...

Especially as there are 100's of parking spaces, all they have to do is walk like 10 more paces to the supermarket!

I have complained many times to the store itslef and the main office by email, I get lame excuses that things are being done, just not yet...

I wish these people would just park a little further away from the store and leave the spaces for people who are ill and need them alot more than they do!

Right my rant for the day is over...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 04:53 PM
ive found that happens, i get so wound up about it as well, was in tescos one day and this bloke had taken up the last disabled space, and when i told some one about it the bloke just didint give a damm.he was saying yer right what u going to do about it!!!
and one day i had some one come up and start on me cause i was in a disabled space, er i have health probs and i have the blue badges, as i said to her u dont have to walk with a limp to be disabled. she really upset me that day.
theres a new law coming in where parking attendants have the right to ask to see your badges close up.going to clamp down on the forgeries.
lets hope the supermarkets get some sort of power to clamp down on the bad parkers.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:15 PM
we have had that problem too. my son looks normal but has special needs and we have had comments such as he doesnt look disabled!

why? do you need to wear a special badge?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-10-2006, 05:19 PM
At my local supermarket,all the disabled spaces are always taken up by cars without orange badges and then you see people parking in the mother & baby spaces who are alone.

They obviously have no morals or conscience.
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:34 PM
It is so annoying isn't it when the spaces are used up by people who don't need them.

Blackie's mum
My OH has a badge and we get some funny looks from people as his disablilty isn't obvious. He has terminal cancer which has now spread to his lungs so is unable to walk very far. We also get funny looks if he isn't using his wheelchair and we once got asked by a member of the public to explain how we got our badge as she had applied for one and didn't get it and she thought she was more entitled than my OH was.

I was really angry and upset but she soon backed off when OH replied that she was welcome to his badge if she was willing to take his illness as well.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:37 PM
OH was at the gym one day and all the beefy bodybuilders had taken the disabled spaces. When OH came out of the gym, someone had plastered all their cars with sticky signs that said 'You have my parking space, would you like my disability too?'
Apparently took some getting off the windscreens as well. I thought it was brilliant.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Will admit to sometimes parking in the Mother and Child space, I do have a reason, I can only get out of my car if I can open the door to it's fullest extent and manage to get both feet on the floor so I have to find two empty places together or some where with a very small car next to an empty space.

I do get upset if I have to leave doing the shopping because I can't park when there are loads of empty Mother and Child spaces so if I have to shop because we have run out of something I use the Mother & child bays. Sorry Mothers and child but my need is as important as yours, never used a disabled park though.
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I have no disability badge and was parked in a m&b space next to the disabled when a spritely 50yr old woman with no badge, blue or orange, came and got into her 4wd! it was a tall version which she had to climb into, i was really annoyed so said that i hoped she would be fotunate enough to ever really need that space on day as i could guarantee some idiot like her would be in it! she couldn't really say much just skulked off in her very expensive car
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I am not disabled so don't need the spaces but it does annoy me when I see perfectly normal healthy people using them because they are too damn lazy to look for a space a bit further away.
However I dare say people were mad at me the other day as an elderly lady who has problems walking really needed to go to Tesco, her son who normally takes her couldn't so I gave her a lift parked in a disabled space helped her in to one of thier wheel chairs and while a tesco helper took her round I went home done a couple of jobs and went back parking again in a disabled place to go in the store and collect her.
I did not have a disabled sticker or badge but had to park there as it would have been impossible to manouver her in and out of the car without the door wide open and too far for her to walk and negotiate the cars in the main car park.
Unless someone actually saw me taking her in or bringing her out later they probaly presumed seeing me dash back to my car an drive off or park there the second time and dash in the store I was another lazy devil using a needed space for no reason.
I have also used mother and baby parking spaces there when meeting my daughter-in-law there to pick up one of my tiny grandchildren or take them back to her.
sam1984
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by lizziel View Post
It is so annoying isn't it when the spaces are used up by people who don't need them.

Blackie's mum
My OH has a badge and we get some funny looks from people as his disablilty isn't obvious. He has terminal cancer which has now spread to his lungs so is unable to walk very far. We also get funny looks if he isn't using his wheelchair and we once got asked by a member of the public to explain how we got our badge as she had applied for one and didn't get it and she thought she was more entitled than my OH was.

I was really angry and upset but she soon backed off when OH replied that she was welcome to his badge if she was willing to take his illness as well.
Im really sorry about you're OH Lizzie. Before my grandad died of cancer he used to have a disabled badge and he had loads of people go up to him asking why he was parking in disabled spots. It really used to wind me up when people literally said to his face that he didnt deserve a badge

Also my OH's dad has a badge now as he had polio when he was 6 and now has 1 leg shorter than the other, as well as loads of other probs from it and cant walk very far.
On many occasions I have lost my temper and got out of the car and gone up to people and asked them why they have parked in a disabled spot when they havent got a badge! Some of them feel bad and move but most of them just sneer at you and walk off! When I complained to one bloke, he drove out of the disabled spot and straight into a mother and baby one!!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »