Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 01:00 PM

If you have a Rescue from Greece please send a photo

Hi
The Greek Ministry of Rural Affairs are making it difficult to rescue animals from Greece. The accusation is that `foreigners are taking our animals for vivisection`.
To disprove this the Greek organisation for animals are asking people who have rescued Greek animals to send a photo. The pose is important - each one needs to show the animal with its owner holding up their hand. This will tie them all together as it were.
Further info is here: http://www.parosweb.com/paros-activi...elease_eng.pdf

thanks
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Damn, I lost touch with a lass who used to go to the same agility club as me ages ago, she had a lovely dog rescue`d from the streets of Greece. She was heavily involved in saving dogs there and getting them to UK to be placed in loving homes because of the horrendous state of so many of the strays, I remember she did a lot of fund raising to pay for vet care and transporting as well as often going there to help `hands on` - if the Greek Ministry of Rural Affairs are so worried about what happens to the dogs why don`t they do something about helping the dogs themselves instead of foreigners having to do the rescuing
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 01:42 PM
Just to add, for anyone not aware of it, 50,000 stray dogs and cats were poisoned by rat poison and shards of glass in baited food in preparation for the 2004 Olympics, would`nt want anyone seeing that many starving and sick animals in the streets via the TV coverage eh ?

Info here

The Shame of Greece

Use caution when following some of the links there, distressing is not the word
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2008, 04:18 PM
If anyone wants to help these animals they can do so via the GAR website.: http://www.greekanimalrescue.com/
This is Bran who was dumped in Skiathos when his arthritis crippled him so he couldn`t walk. He`s my disabled son`s constant companion and a Good Boy.