Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 09:57 PM

They grow up so fast!

It's a good job I don't have kids

Takara is having her first season and I'm welling up all proud! It only seems like yesterday that I was bringing home a little 7 week old bundle of brown spots, but today she has come on.

I saw a bit of blood on her leg and saw where it was coming from so held a tissue to her (she cut herself next to her vulva earlier so I wasn't entirely sure ) and she just sat there looking at me, it was definitely her season. Then when I took the tissue away, she just buried her head into me as if it was all too much

I gave her a cuddle and a kiss and sat on her bed with her while she settled down and now I feel all funny! She's the first dog I've had and the first pet who relies entirely on me for everything.

She had a go at dad earlier when she got on his bed (not allowed) and he tried to get her off, but when I went to get hold of her she turned from dad to snap at me, saw me and sat down and looked at me and then cuddled me.

Now she is downstairs in the kitchen and crying because she doesn't want to be left alone (tried having her in my room it doesn't work trust me. I don't want to share a single bed with a 25kg dog and a cat).

She's so lovely and now she's really growing up, soon she won't even be a puppy anymore!

Bless her - she'll make a beautiful adult too though
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 10:01 PM
aww takara your a grown up lady now bless you not the nicest of things for us females to go through but hey you gorgeous girl it wont last long aww lottie im not surprised your welling up your baby is all growing up
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Growing into a beautiful young lady big hugs from Trixy xx
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 10:04 PM
Sorry posted twice
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Cookie got quite nasty when in Season some Dogs find it harder to cope with there season than others.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Amie
Cookie got quite nasty when in Season some Dogs find it harder to cope with there season than others.
Yeah, Takara seems quite confused, she had a hug and that was it 'leave me alone' but she won't be separated just doesn't want fuss! She doesn't know what she wants though, she's been wandering about aimlessly for the last couple of days and has been VERY protective of the house today!

I took her to training on Wednesday and one of the women there with dals has a bitch in season so she's left her at home, but her dog went with her and he has gone totally mad because Breeze (the lady's bitch) is in season so was trying it on with T (he could probably sense it coming too). Takara hung off his ear for most of the night

EDIT - it's her first season too, so I don't blame her for being confused!
mackleback
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 08:00 AM
Aaawwww...poor Takara. Seems like yesterday that we were looking at ickle puppy pics of her. {{{{HUGS}}}} for the big girl. xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 08:05 AM
It's amazing how quickly the grow up - she is a gorgeous girlie or should I say lady now?
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 12:40 PM
her dog went with her and he has gone totally mad because Breeze (the lady's bitch) is in season so was trying it on with T (he could probably sense it coming too). Takara hung off his ear for most of the night
good girl!!!!!! They can be little madams until the right day arrives then they turn into raging sl*ts!

Polo used to be able to tell up to 3 weeks prior to one of my bitches coming into season which was quite useful. Once experienced, he also knew to ignore them until about day 12..... then he went beserk!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Aaaw bless, she's all grown up! :smt058

Hollie was snappy when she had her season, I know the feeling!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >