Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Awww, yes I shall give that a try, vet told me not to take it off - but I can't leave him like this.

Thanks Foxy!
Well if you find he is bothering with his stitches then you could always put it back on again couldn't you - notice what hole it is in now before you take it off so you can put it in the right one again. Benji has had to have one on frequently with all the scratching of his ears that he used to do and he actually wags his tail now if I approach him with it
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 07:31 PM
Awww Bless him!!

I know exactly how you feel! I had Buggles castrated on Friday. I felt so guilty!He has 3 incisions as they could not find the undescended one! He is now almost back to normal and nagging to go out on walks!

I am sure Ozzy will be back to normal before you know it!
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Well it's now 10.20 we're an hour ahead of you. I took the lampshade thing off, he seemed a little better without it. He has eaten a little chicken and rice and had some water. . Thought he might like a little walk just down the road - but got just outside the front door and he sat down, so came back in.

He hasn't bothered too much about his stitches, but I just can't trust him to leave it alone all night. So am now plucking up the courage to put Lampshade back on - aww bless him, what a horrid mummy I am.

I do hope he looks a little better tomorow!
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-10-2006, 09:23 PM
HI Shaza

Have just caught up with this post glad he is through it and has eaten a little and had a drink and I am sure by the morning he will be feeling a lot brighter. helaing vibes coming his way. When my old bitch had her hysterectomy one of my friend recommended I give her Aloe Vera Juice in her drinking water as it promotes healing from the inside, so it may be worth a try, it certainly helped her.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:03 AM
UPDATE

Had a really restless night with Ozzie last night, he whimpered for most of it, got himself under the bed by the bl---y lampshade and got stuck, walked into the doorframe and just froze. Spent most to the night in the spare bedroom with him. And to top it all off I have now started with a cold. So I'm feeling really lousy today.

A friend came round this morning and he said that Oz still looks full of anesthetic he said his eyes were glazed - could that be right, I thought he was despressed.

Sorry to go on, but I really worry about him.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
I think the lampshades make them really miserable if they aren't used to wearing them so its probably partly the lampshade to blame and I think the anaestetic can take about 24 hrs to wear off properly so he probably is still feeling a bit doped up. I'm sure he will be better as the day wears on and its good that he has had a bit of food and a drink so he can't be feeling all that bad - probably just playing for the sympathy vote a bit
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks Foxy, you've been my rock the last 24 hours. I hope your right that its the lampshade, he's lying down now so at least he's settled - though still whimpering! I thought it was strange that the vet asked me to bring him back in this evening for her to check him, but I'm glad she has now. I just need to be sure he is ok.

My OH has always said that I'm too soft with him, I can't help it, and I hate to see him like this. Though I have to say hubby even feels sorry for him now.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 10:33 AM
How old is Ozzie? Benji had the op at 7 months so it probably wasn't quite as traumatic for him because he was still so young. At least you can voice your concerns to the vet tonight and she might give you some painkillers for him if she feels he is in pain. If he's eating though I wouldn't have thought there was much to worry about The lampshade isn't too tight round his neck is it - can you get about 3 fingers down the side of it? I do think they are very unsettled with the lampshades on though - they can't seem to get comfy with them can they. Did he bother with his stitches when you took it off last night?
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
How old is Ozzie? Benji had the op at 7 months so it probably wasn't quite as traumatic for him because he was still so young. At least you can voice your concerns to the vet tonight and she might give you some painkillers for him if she feels he is in pain. If he's eating though I wouldn't have thought there was much to worry about The lampshade isn't too tight round his neck is it - can you get about 3 fingers down the side of it? I do think they are very unsettled with the lampshades on though - they can't seem to get comfy with them can they. Did he bother with his stitches when you took it off last night?
Ozzie is now 18 months, we got him when he was 7 months, and I think the lampshade is ok - I can get 3 fingers down anyway. He just wont move with it on, if he bumps into anything he freezes, he seems to be constantly whimpering and it's breaking my heart! if only they could talk!

When I took the collar off last night he seemed much calmer but it was awful having to put it back on. I just can't watch him 24/7, and I'm so tired I'm afraid I will fall asleep.

I've now run out of milk and am worried about going to the shops - in need of a caffine fix.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Ozzie is now 18 months, we got him when he was 7 months, and I think the lampshade is ok - I can get 3 fingers down anyway. He just wont move with it on, if he bumps into anything he freezes, he seems to be constantly whimpering and it's breaking my heart! if only they could talk!

When I took the collar off last night he seemed much calmer but it was awful having to put it back on. I just can't watch him 24/7, and I'm so tired I'm afraid I will fall asleep.

I've now run out of milk and am worried about going to the shops in need of a caffine fix.
Yes I would say its definitely the collar that is stressing him out rather than him feeling ill. I remember Benji being the same when he was little but now he has had it on that much that its second nature to him now so he doesn't seem to mind it and copes with it on quite well. You do however tend to get bruises at the back of your legs where he is following you and bumps into you if you stop

He should be okay to leave whilst you nip to the shop for some milk.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3