Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Mini

I've done the initial puppy vax, then the first boosters. He developed epilepsy soon after so don't want to get more boosters.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by lisa0307 View Post
I asked Pet Plan and they said we don't have to have any vaccinations and they will still insure our dogs but if any claim was put in and vaccination came into question then they wouldn't pay out.
That's good lisa can I make a little suggestion, after making the initial enquiry by telephone/email if it isn't clear in the policy exacty what is or is not being insured for, send in a written question and get a reply in writing and file it with your policy...you can never be too safe
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
That's good lisa can I make a little suggestion, after making the initial enquiry by telephone/email if it isn't clear in the policy exacty what is or is not being insured for, send in a written question and get a reply in writing and file it with your policy...you can never be too safe
Will do hun...I have sent them an email yesterday aswell and will post their reply when I get it...I really think these pet insurance companies need to move with the times
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by lisa
Will do hun...I have sent them an email yesterday aswell and will post their reply when I get it...I really think these pet insurance companies need to move with the times

I think the problem is vaccinations are changing all the time as new types become available and the insurance companies just don't do their homework and keep up with things. Perhaps if enough 'informed users' question them about it we may see some changes.
lisa0307
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Just received an email from Pet Plan regarding vaccinations and this is what they have said...

"Thank you for your recent enquiry to Petplan Insurance.
I have been asked to reply to your email regarding vaccinations for your dog. Our Terms and Conditions state:

'You must arrange for your pet to be kept vaccinated against the
following;
Dogs: distemper, hepatitis, leptospirosis and parvovirus.
If you do not keep your pet vaccinated, we will not pay any claims that result from any illness it must be vaccinated against.'

As most manufacturers instructions state that their vaccinations require a booster every twelve months, we require that those customers who chose to use these vaccinations adhere to the twelve month instruction.
There is a type of vaccination called Intravet which, according to the manufacturers instructions, only needs to be given every three years. We are happy for our customers to use these vaccinations if they prefer.
If you intend to use any vaccination other than the 'normal' annual vaccination or the Intravet inoculation please contact us beforehand with details and we will
investigate and confirm whether this would satisfy the policy terms.
As the policy terms and conditions state, if you do not keep your pet
vaccinated we will not pay any claims that result from any illness it must be vaccinated against.

I hope this answers your questions. If you do have any further queries or wish to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on the number below.

Regards
Annmarie

Annmarie Malone
Underwriting Team Leader,
Allianz Cornhill
Animal Health
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8580 8246
Email: annmarie.malone@allianzcornhill.co.uk
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2