Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 12:16 PM

Bailey - English Setter

Hello everyone, my name is Bailey and I'm mummys oldest baby, I'm 9 1/2 years old.
Like Tawny & Gracie I also had a different home before I came to live with mummy, the difference is that I had a wonderful home and I still see my first mummy (mummyjill) on a regular basis. I was originally called William but mummy changed my name to Bailey, (I think she may have a drink problem as there was a Harvey and we've got a Remy here too!).
I was 7 months old and mummyjill had kept me and my brother and sister from the litter. She was running us on to see if we could be shown. One day mummyjill got a phone call from my mummy as she had just lost one of her special babies at 2 years old, he'd had a sedative for a minor op at the vets and went into toxic shock and died. Poor mummy was so upset that she needed to get another baby to love. Enter me!! Mummyjill said that she could come and see me and mummy fell in love with me, (thats what she tells me anyway), so I went home with my new mummy that same day.
When I was at mummyjills I lived in a kennel but, at my new home I lived indoors with two other English Setters -Harvey, who was 6yrs and Georgia who was a rescue aged 5 yrs. Sadly, they have gone to heaven now. It was lovely being indoors but I did disgrace myself a few times as I was only a baby and wasn't used to luxuries such as carpet on the floor, (soon had that up and ripped to shreds), and the fruit bowls, (I learned how to suck the contents of a banana and leave the skins on the table, hee hee). Thats how I came to get my nickname of Bailey Bu**er. I also chewed up one of grandmas best shoes, she really shouldn't have left them in that cupboard that I could open. She still teases me about that whenever she sees me, she hugs me and says "you chewed my best shoes", I mastered this really cheeky grin, you just kind of sneer your nose up tight and show your teeth, they all love it and it gets me no end of attention. Grandma says "show us your teeth" and I do, they think I'm adorable when I do it.
One day, the day before my first birthday actually, mummy moved us all up to Lincolnshire and thats where we live now, we've got lots of open space here to play in.
Mummy decided to show me and I won lots of rosettes and went to Crufts lots of times. I did like it at first but then I realised that I could get the same treatment if I stayed at home in front of the radiator so made mummy aware that I didn't really want to do it anymore. Mummy decided that I could retire from showing when I was 5 yrs old as she had my brothers and sisters to show instead if she wanted to.
Even though I'm now the eldest we don't have any of that top dog nonsense, I just say to the whippersnappers, be as good as you can but if you have to be naughty, make sure it's something mummy will find funny, that way you won't get into trouble.
Mummy had been promising me a lady friend for ages, early last year she was thinking about letting me court the lovely Gracie but while she was deciding whether an all orange belton litter would be a good idea, or even whether to have a litter at all, that cad Leon moved in and stole my bird. They had lots of puppies and, just to rub my nose in it, mummy kept two of them! Still, its not their fault and they're likeable kids, Ebony's a cracker, just like her mum, wouldn't mind getting to know her when she's a bit older. Giddy's a nice bloke, a few bob short of a pound but then you've only got to look at his dad to see where he gets that from.
A few months ago Leonie was ready for a boyfriend and mummy told me that my time had arrived, I was so excited, Leonie is such a pretty young thing and she seemed to like the older man. We hit it off really well and went out on a couple of dates. Mummy was sad when it became apparent that Leonie wasn't going to have any of my babies, she said that she's been wanting a Bailey baby for years and now it may be too late. She said I may be firing blanks - the very cheek of it.
I had hoped that mummy would let me have a fling with Lacey the Pointer but mummy moved her out of our way, pretty sharpish too. Pity really cos I wanted to prove that there is life in the old dog yet!
I know that mummy spends a lot of time on this forum and she takes a lot of advice from the people she speaks to. I was wondering whether you could maybe get together and start a sort of campaign, you know, "let Bailey have the next girlfriend" sort of thing. I'm sure she'll listen to you guys.
Its been nice speaking to you, hope to catch up with you soon and, if you want to make an old man very happy, please see what you can do about the girlfriend thing.
Cheerio for now. Bailey x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

25-11-2006, 07:11 PM
lol Bailey very good! I'll try and have a word with your mummy for you...
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Thanks Azz, any help would be much appreciated. Bailey x
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Hi Bailey If your mum does not take you up on the girlfriend thing you could make a great career as a writer. Your blog was great and I look forward to more soon. Hope for your sake the folks on here can convince mum
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi Bailey. You tell your Mum I said you definitely deserve a chance to sow your wild oats.

Keep up the writing too you are a ver talented boy xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Thank you ladies, mummy just gave me a haircut and I look so gorgeous in my show trim, (I'm not big headed, thats just what mummy said). I can see those girls giving me the eye, ooh I don't know who will be ready for a boyfriend next so I'll just have to wink at them all. Mummy will be coming on here soon, can't wait to see her face. love Bailey xx