View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I try to keep mine updated regularly. It doesnt take long and I enjoy doing it.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I try to keep mine updated regularly. It doesnt take long and I enjoy doing it.
Do you get many inquires from the site??
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Do you get many inquires from the site??
Yes Murph. About all sorts really. I have a site monitor that tells me where each person comes from, what they search for (if they did) what they look at etc... Thats useful, but because I do photography I get enquiries from that side too. I dont know what the "norm" would be, but I on average get between 160-280 "hits" per day. I get mainly emails about stud and puppy enquiries and taking pictures for people and comments on my work.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes Murph. About all sorts really. I have a site monitor that tells me where each person comes from, what they search for (if they did) what they look at etc... Thats useful, but because I do photography I get enquiries from that side too. I dont know what the "norm" would be, but I on average get between 160-280 "hits" per day. I get mainly emails about stud and puppy enquiries and taking pictures for people and comments on my work.
Really.....?
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Worth the effort then
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Well I'm one of those "lazy" website owners!

Mine hasn't been updated since about June/July last year. Mainly because I have a full time job and a social life!

The other reason is I'm running out of space for pictures so will probably just make the website info based and then add a blog for updates etc. Also I no longer have access to a PC so updating takes longer and is a bit of a pain in the ar$e.

Oh and I wouldn't bother trying the link to my website at the mo either, there's something wrong with the domain name so it isn't working!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Not having much luck then ..lol
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by GSDlover4ever View Post
Really.....?
Yes. Very interesting.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
If your going to make a website ...

Make something worthy of being viewed by many thats easy to navigate
Keep it up to date
Keep it neat and tidy
Should have the correct info like weather the dogs are KC registered, been tested ect a little i nfo about the breed helps
Some nice high quality pictures of current puppies and dogs make sure the pics are in focus and havent been taken with phone camera!! Be sure the pictures are neat not just slapped together on a page showing nasty red x's like many do

It doesn't take long to update a site just a few minutes if people can't be bothered then theirs little point in having one its very frustrating finding the site you want is 10 years out of date, looks a mess and all the pictures have been snapped with a mobile/cell phone and the lack of quality is obvious! In my hunt for decent Scnauzer website ive stumbled across some mind numblingly badly designed sites in my time but one thing thats my biggest pet hate is pet sites that use large bubbly tacky fonts that are often bright pink and have lots gifs!! When you design a site its got to be pleaseing to the eye and user friendly.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
If your going to make a website ...

Make something worthy of being viewed by many thats easy to navigate
Keep it up to date
Keep it neat and tidy
Should have the correct info like weather the dogs are KC registered, been tested ect a little i nfo about the breed helps
Some nice high quality pictures of current puppies and dogs make sure the pics are in focus and havent been taken with phone camera!! Be sure the pictures are neat not just slapped together on a page showing nasty red x's like many do

It doesn't take long to update a site just a few minutes if people can't be bothered then theirs little point in having one its very frustrating finding the site you want is 10 years out of date, looks a mess and all the pictures have been snapped with a mobile/cell phone and the lack of quality is obvious! In my hunt for decent Scnauzer website ive stumbled across some mind numblingly badly designed sites in my time but one thing thats my biggest pet hate is pet sites that use large bubbly tacky fonts that are often bright pink and have lots gifs!! When you design a site its got to be pleaseing to the eye and user friendly.
A website is only ONE aspect of a breeder, be careful you dont get bogged down in looking for the perfect site, and over look a good breeder! a good website does not always equate to a good breeder.

TBH, it does not bother me if a website is 10 yr out of date, I would simply just pick the phone up and speak to them direct.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >