register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is you dog allowed on the sofa?
Yes! All the time, they can come on and off as they please, so long as they get off when asked. 111 70.25%
Only if they sneak on. 4 2.53%
Only when invited. 23 14.56%
No, never. 17 10.76%
Other 5 3.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 11:49 AM

Are your dogs allowed on the sofa?? *Poll*

Just wondering really from a numbers point of view how many people allow this. I've attached a poll and tried to include all possible answers I can think of. If you'd like to expand on your answer, feel free to reply.
We haven't let Axel on the couch from the first day he arrived. He used to run in from the garden and jump straight on, but within a week he'd stopped. There simply isn't room for him and us. He has snuck onto my Mum's couch when he was left alone in there, but that's a one off.
What are you views???
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Of course! They're not supposed to be but they know it isn't theirs. If we say Off or Bed, they will trot off to their beds - which are in the same room as the sofa.

We have a corner group so there isn't really a size issue unless we have friends round. But again - they get told to go bed.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 11:55 AM
Full access here xxxxxx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 11:59 AM
...i have two sofas... mine is the two seater...theirs is the 3 seater

...they are allowed on as long as their is never a problem getting them off.....which hasnt happened....yet
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Full access here. In fact, when we first got Dahlia she wouldn't get on furniture. So we trained her to get on it! She doesn't have to ask for permission, but does. And we rarely ever ask her to get off (unless she steals my recliner, but then I just walk out into the kitchen to get her a treat and gee golly, she gets off all on her own! lol).
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Rupert is allowed up without invitation if only one of us is sitting on the sofa, if we're both sitting on it then he has to wait to be invited. Same with the bed. I thought this might confuse him at first but he picked it up within a week. I suppose it's a really obvious visual clue as to whether he can just get up or not.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Hannah sleeps on the sofa, they both use it in the daytime, but on the rare occassions I use it she never shares it with me.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:20 PM
My OH and I spend all our time sat on the floor with (usually) 3 hounds squashed and entwined on the sofa!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:24 PM
I've voted a defo yes, even though there are 5 of them
Have to say ours are great if we say 'off' they immediately vaccate with no probs. Never had any of them grumble or growl or show any desire to make the chairs thier property.

How it works here is simple Patrick sits on the 2 setter sofa, Reah always sits on that one too (maybe because its nearer the fire or maybe she gets better viewing of the TV ) Bruce if not on the front window seat shares that with them.
I usually have the 3 setter with the recliners up, Mojo always sleeps on my lap or shoulders, Skye and Tess share the other side with FS
All cats sleep on the back of sofa's or on our bed
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
My OH and I spend all our time sat on the floor with (usually) 3 hounds squashed and entwined on the sofa!!
Dog shelf! That's what me Mum calls the floor!
Actually it wasn't until we got Louie that dogs weren't allowed on the furniture. But then when my parent's get their new suite - the dogs have had it - they're on the floor!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »