View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:09 PM
I am obviously spoilt rotten, as our next door neighbour brings my bin back for me as I am at work on bin day....
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
I am obviously spoilt rotten, as our next door neighbour brings my bin back for me as I am at work on bin day....
ours does this too
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
a few months ago we put our bin out in the morning came home from work no bin to be seen had a look round for it couldnt see it anywhere phoned the council a couple of days later when it was apparent our bin wasnt re appering and we got a new bin, then a few weeks later our bin suddenly re appears at the end of the road (we are the second house on road) so we left it there as it had a hole in it and it dissappeared again
then last week again we put the bin out and came home to find it in the next door neighbours garden stacked neatly up with all there other bins and its clearly our bin as it has our house number on it in white paint about 30cm high so my mum just walked in and took it back
we think they took it last time aswel as they were doing lots of work on there house at the time so would of had lots of rubbish .... why not just use bin bags
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 09:00 PM
We were never given wheelie bins here in Birmingham and for some reason nobody uses the plastic or metal dustbins anymore. We have to use black bins bags which the Local Authority supplies for us but there are never enough.

My neigbours (the scum who attacked Yiannis) ALWAYS try to take my bags also but they're stupid enough to think they should do this whilst I'm ay yjr front of the house and can see them. The last time, as they are afraid of dogs, I told them that I would have Zane wtih me should they come onto my propertyagain to steal my bags. I've had no problems since then but we'll see wha happens next time the bags are delivered.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 09:31 AM
We've our bin go walkabout a couple of times, and each time its been found in the burn opposite, some kid is obviously nicking them and dumping them. Thankfully Davie finds them...although on one occasion we didn't find it and got another from the council, only for our original bin to appear a day or so later....

So now we have two bins, very handy sometimes when I have a clearout...
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Our Local Authority only supplies one [albeit large] wheelie bin per plot - and as most have two bungalows on it the bin is shared between the two households.

I rent my [detached] bungalow from my neighbour and when I moved in here the shared bin used to be kept on the pavement inbetween our homes. A fair distance for me as I had to get up my path and along the pavement to get to it. She also puts all her rubbish in it straight from her kitchen bin, so every time I opened the lid to put my small bag in the pong would hit me.

So I had to buy my own bin from the LA, and after it "walking" a couple of times I bought some yellow insulating tape and wound it round the bin so it now has yellow stripes all round it!

The lovely binmen also let me keep it part way up my path so it is easy for me to get to. They know my rubbish is in a tied [bio-degradable] plastic sack so they just come down the path, take the sack out and leave the bin where it is.

[It also stops people walking past from dropping their rubbish in it .]
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
My neighbour will do that on occasion too, or at least as far as my gate cause my back gate is bolted and padlocked (my sons friend is a nightmare for not shutting gates and Dougal got out too many times)
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 12:24 PM
My big bin (get a bigger one if a family of five or more) went missing one week.....thought someone had swiped it instead of their little one.Phoned the council and turns out it had fallen into the bin lorry so not always guilty neighbours. never did manage to get another but with all the recycling we never even fill the small one now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I wish I had a smaller bin - ours have a 360 litre capacity whereas the smaller ones have a 120 litre capacity and there is only me and Pereg here. My one small bag of rubbish languishes at the bottom of the bin and I always expect to see the binman go head first into it while reaching in to get the bag!
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
I too have had a falling out over a bin. Next door neighbour proper went off on one at me accusing me of stealing his bin, and was adamant the one he was left with couldn't possibly be his because it had all red stuff in the bottom and they keep their bin clean! His wife later came round and apologised for his disgusting attitude as he wasn't prepared to, she admitted it was their bin the red stuff were half full bottles of red wine that she had thrown in when she told her husband and told him to come and apologise himself he refused.

Despite that and despite him now having stuck a huge label on his bin with his house number on it he now often takes mine leaving me with no choice but to take his!

Guy is a grade A 'bleep' though. He owns a dog but hates all other dogs on the planet (mine especially he's convinced Angel is going to jump over the 6ft fence and eat his precious baby), complains to my landlord nonstop over stupid things like the fact my car parked outside my house two drive widths up the road is too close to his drive and means he can't reverse his car out of his drive (not my fault he's a crap driver) and on the day of my dads funeral pulled up and parked his car not on his drive but deliberately on the road right in front of the hurst so it couldn't drive off!

Some idiots need shooting!

Ok will get off my soap box now!

But yes the bin thing is annoying. I also find it stupid that the none recycleable stuffs bin is half the size of all the others when I have more none recycleable stuff than I do recycleable!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >