Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:09 PM

Have we gone back to the dark ages??

I thought this kind of thing didnt happen anymore...well at least not so blatently in your face, it makes me soooo....angry
Looking through an ad site and look what i found.....

FOR SALE: STAFFS PUPS FOR SALE READY FOR XMAS DAY

Ad Information

Category: Dogs

Ad Number: ******

Date Posted: 13/11/2004

Price: 300 ONO

Text of Ad

VERY NICE PUPS,BOTH PARENTS CAN BE SEEN VERY GOOD TEMPRAMENTS,GOOD WITH CHILDREN,FULL PEDIGREE PAPERS,NOT K.C REG. OPEN TO OFFERS. IF INTERESTED PLEASE CONTACT. 4 BOYS 1 GIRL, (4 BRINDLE AND WHITE, 1 WHITE WITH BLACK SPOTS)

Anything just for a bit of extra cash!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:10 PM
sad
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:11 PM
aw its awful isnt it
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:11 PM
Grrrrr that's makes me soooo mad.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:16 PM
I know we shouldn't have done it but 3 years ago we got Mollie on the day before xmas eve - we don't celebrate christmas so thought the 2 week holiday we had from work would be ideal to get her settled in - and it was. So not everyone who buys at christmas does so without thought.
stonedagen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by wiggle
I know we shouldn't have done it but 3 years ago we got Mollie on the day before xmas eve - we don't celebrate christmas so thought the 2 week holiday we had from work would be ideal to get her settled in - and it was. So not everyone who buys at christmas does so without thought.
Yes but you are a responsible dog owner ....if you like and you didnt get Molllie for a xmas pressie for kids, let them play with her for a few days and then hand it in to rescue, or chain it up in the back yard cause you cant be bothered with the hassle now the festive season is over, or tried to sell her on in a few months time!

Sadly the majority do buy on a whim though! and thats what happens!
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:30 PM
I saw this too it makes you mad. If a breeder really was responsible and this was the only time their litter was possible for whatever reason they would keep the pups until January and when the whole "festive season" has died down then put the pups for sale. They wouldnt mind having how ever many pups at 2 - 3 months of age running around their house because finding teh right home would be more important.

But then it could be argued that its more about the home that the pups go to than the time of year in which they are sold. I dont agree with selling pups around Christmas but a bad owner could buy a pup just as easily in January as they could in December imo.

What annoys me about this is the "in time for xmas" arrgghhh I have a good mind to give them a cheeky reply but I will bite my tounge......for a change lol.

Laura
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 02:51 PM
I agree with Laura bad owners could buy anytime, But that add will encourage people to buy them for xmas presents.
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 05:38 PM
The message "a dog is for life, not just for xmas" never seems to get across
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >