Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 04:03 PM

Trouble with new teeth

Ok,I need to go back to the dentist.
As you know I had all of my teeth taken out 4 weeks ago and the stitches have only just gone this week,my new teeth were already waiting for me,I was advised to wear them straight away but my mouth was extremely sore after having 25 teeth taken out and I had stitches all the way around my gums,I did try to get my new teeth in but just couldn't because my gums were extremely sore,painful and very tender.

So me been me I left it and kept trying every few days with no luck,anyway I can get them in,but they don't fit properly and are loose.I put the top set in,hold them for a minute or so and as soon as I loose them they drop down
Same with the bottom they are also loose,both top and bottom feel as though they are digging into my gums as I am really pushing on them to try and get them in

So I think my mouth has altered since having my teeth out and they just don't fit properly,I showed O/H this morning who said to get back to the dentist and tell them,now I'm not good with dentists but I really have to get these sorted out,unless I buy some glue lol
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 04:45 PM
hi
would advise a visit to dentist asap as mouth does change after having teeth out.

you have made me panic. after having my teeth out i only need partial dentures but was told they wouldnt make them until a few months after i had them out. i have got an appt for the end of june so i dont like my smile at the moment but know i am on the homeward stretch.

sue
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
hi
would advise a visit to dentist asap as mouth does change after having teeth out.

you have made me panic. after having my teeth out i only need partial dentures but was told they wouldnt make them until a few months after i had them out. i have got an appt for the end of june so i dont like my smile at the moment but know i am on the homeward stretch.

sue
Alot of people have said they can't understand them making teeth for me before I had mine out,as my mouth and gums would be different.
Oh well,I will get them sorted,just getting a bit frustrated that I'm still struggling with food.It would be lovely to have a sandwich or some toast.
I'm living on soft foods still,it's driving me bonkers!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 06:03 PM
I had my teeth made for me before I had them out. You wear the teeth straight away and then the gums heal to the shape of the dentures. It is very painful for about a week and you have to live off soft food. I only had 8 out at the time and that was painfull enough. I would probably think you need to visit the dentist asap as your gums are healing in a natural shape now and maybe you will not be able to wear the dentures you have, as they will not fit.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I had my teeth made for me before I had them out. You wear the teeth straight away and then the gums heal to the shape of the dentures. It is very painful for about a week and you have to live off soft food. I only had 8 out at the time and that was painfull enough. I would probably think you need to visit the dentist asap as your gums are healing in a natural shape now and maybe you will not be able to wear the dentures you have, as they will not fit.
Thanks,
I was told to wear them but couldn't,it was just too painful,but they did say I would need new ones anyway as my mouth would alter.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 06:32 PM
i cant even wear my partials as ive got a severe gag reflex. i put them in wear them for a really short while, then get the urge to *throw* its driving me mad, i hate it, want to be able to smile or laugh but cant, and the dentist i have now is horrible, i hate him,
ive got an infection in my jaw bone which causes perfectly healthy teeth to loosen and fall out, and they hurt like mad when they are doing it,
and BTW the cause of the infection. SMOKING
hope u get yer teeth sorted out soon sal.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2008, 07:27 PM
These Dentists just ain't got a clue what they put us through have they?

Ok,my own fault I suppose I lost my teeth but only because I was scared stiff when I was younger by a nasty vile dentist.Maybe if they tried been nicer less people would have a phobia.My dentist is ok,but she doesn't understand my phobia,they need to try harder!

I will get them sorted,I was on painkillers for a week and half and told hubby I couldn't wear my teeth,all my face was swollen,stitches and bruised swollen gums,there was no way I could wear them,hubby told me not to worry about it and asked or rather told me,they haven't had what you've had done so they don't know how it feels.