View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 08:10 PM
((((((hugs)))))) for you Ian, because you sound like you need one.

You have had lots of advise on here judging by the length of the thread, and I do confess I have only read pages 1 & 9, but that just shows that you have a lot of people around you here on Dogsey who really do care about you.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Im glad you're starting to feel more positive Ian. I must admit I was worried about you when I first read your post.

You're a great guy with a huge heart Your carer over stepped the boundries, not you and THAT is what you have to keep telling yourself. When I was working in a residential home we used to strike up friendships with the residents, but nothing like what this girl is doing.

You wait, next time I'm home I'll give you a sorting out alright, then I'll drag you off to the nearest pub for lunch on me. How does that sound?
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2007, 09:40 PM
stay being a nice guy there are not many of em left, your career is in the wrong not you she should have had more sense,and her boy friend sounds like a geek too..Give Blackie a hug he will hate to see you so sad..hugs from Pippins gang xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi Ian
Lorraine here,just thought I'd add seriously none of this is your fault.You aren't the professional here she is! You sound a great guy who's been through the mill and back again,which is a real shame.
I couldn't do the work these terrific carers do as I would fall into the same scenario as your carer has all because I'm a big softie.(Shona aka Dougiepit wont believe this ha!ha!)In my eyes she's put you under even more stress,she obviously hasn't realised this until it's too late.At the end of the day we are all human and it must be very difficult for carers to be practically robotic going about their everyday tasks.
I hope you will accept me as one of your friends too and believe me I care about you and your wellbeing.You keep your pecker up and never mind anyone else YOU ARE SSSSOOOOO PRECIOUS TO US ALL!!!!!!
All my love,hugs and kisses
Lorraine.
psxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for Blackie
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Just want to reiterate what everyone else has already said Ian. YOU are very precious to us all and you shouldn't go beating yourself up over your carer (however nice she is) overstepping the professional boundary. It is human nature to become emotionally involved with people we care for, and it is common for clients to become attached to their carers too. After all you are the one in a vulnerable position and people are often lonely and at a low ebb when someone comes into your life and 'cares' for you. I know, I did the job for years before becoming the organizer and later a social worker. All these girls know the professional boundaries and however hard it is THEY need to stick to it. She shouldn't be telling you her home circumstances and so on. I won't go on for I know how easy it is for a carer who does 'care' to try and just befriend and try to help perhaps a little bit more than they should.

Anyway Ian you have already got some excellent advice and we look forward to hearing what the doctor decides may be best for you tomorrow...and we WILL be waiting for a report So try and get some sleep tonight Ian and know that we are all here for you *Hugs*
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Just another one to add to the general consensous that you are a very special person to all of us here on Dogsey. Keep your chin up Ian, there is always someone about on Dogsey who is willing and able to chat. You have many more friends than you think.

I am not a religeous person but my friend is, and one of her sayings is - God only gives you the cross to bear that He thinks you can carry. Sometimes I think there may be a bit of truth in that. Take care Ian, tomorrows another day. Kindest regards - Karen
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by novavizz View Post
I am not a religeous person but my friend is, and one of her sayings is - God only gives you the cross to bear that He thinks you can carry. Sometimes I think there may be a bit of truth in that. Take care Ian, tomorrows another day. Kindest regards - Karen
Hello karen, I think that god must have mixed me up with someone else when he laid out the crosses.

Hello everyone, thanks for all your support and kind wishes. I was worried about myself last night but in the cold light of a new day, it isn't too bad. I think it was just the big shock that suddenly we wern't friends. But now I will just get on with my life and stay as a profesional friendship, with this lass.

I had a descent sleep, about 5 hours so I feel refreshed and I have had a good breakfast, I wasted half of the kebab last night, just couldn't eat it. I have also been onto the doctors and got an appointment for 3.30 today.

I will keep you all informed of what happens.

Ian
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 09:07 AM
So glad to hear that you are feeling better, things always look better the next day after a good nights sleep.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

06-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi Ian so glad to read that you are feeling a bit brighter today, hope all goes well at the doctors and as everyone else has said you are special to us and you have a lot of friends on here who care about you and want to help you.
Nelson's Mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Hi Ian Fay here again. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I don't think I've much to worry about when I hear of all your health problems. It must be very frustrating for you.However I will add ,you are VERY!!!! lucky if you could phone your G.P.this morning and get an app today. I would have to have waited 2-3 weeks. Ridiculous isn't it, I could be dead by then. Ah but that might be their cunning plan eh!!!!!! See even your doc must think a lot of you. Anyway keep it up and sending you lots of good wishes.:smt008 :smt008 :smt008 You made me really cheesed of when you said you wasted your kebab last night. My mouth was watering. I've never had one in ages.:smt044 :smt044 :smt044
Page 10 of 15 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »