View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:30 AM

Which are the better clippers out of the two..

What do you consider the better clippers out of the following two, we have looked at a few and like these..Just dont know which ones to go with;

Andis AGC Two Speed & Oster Power Max Two Speed..

Or would anyone else reccommend somthing different, we are currently using the Oster A5 Two Speed.. Although I think there perfect, mum finds them abit to heavy and big to handle - and recently they have started to get quite hot after using for a while..
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:32 AM
I use a moser switchblade variable speed, I started with an Andis AGC but hated it. Sorry can't be more help.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Thank You.. What did you hate about them? Mum looked at the Mosers to but not many people spoke highly of them Guess its personal preference, atm I do all the grooming in the house & mums wanting to do more, not enough time in the day for me with all these and college/work, so we need to find some clippers she likes
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Thank You.. What did you hate about them? Mum looked at the Mosers to but not many people spoke highly of them Guess its personal preference, atm I do all the grooming in the house & mums wanting to do more, not enough time in the day for me with all these and college/work, so we need to find some clippers she likes
I tried a few out at Diamond edge (i think) at the shows. I have problems with my fingers and they're ergonomic and not too heavy. The AGC's were single speed and not powerful enough but if you can afford it the twin speed cordless AGC's are supposed to be really good
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Ah ok thanks for your help
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:51 AM
I dont care for Andis, I only use Oster Golden A5 single speed.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks Dawn think we will go with the Osters again then...I like quality of the Osters we already have anyways.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I have an Oster too and always found it good. Know what you mean about getting hot after a while though but my breed is only clippered round the bum and chest area and ears and face so should really use scissors for the rest.

I was quite fortunate as I bought new Oster clippers and blade and new expensive scissors from free-ads paper so got them a lot cheaper than if I had bought from supplier direct.

(PS-just remembered when Poor Cherry got too nosey when I was epilating my legs once and the epilator ended up in her whiskers! OUCH)
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Heiniger Saphir. Would never go back to corded clippers now
cesky2000
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Moser Arco for me - lightweight, cool and powerful enough to cope with 4 Cesky Terriers
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >