Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 02:00 PM

Car insurance company.

We had an accident on Saturday 6th January. I told the insurance company same evening. They said I would get a call Monday morning to arrange courtesy car etc.

I rang Monday lunchtime - they had no record of the accident! Had to go through the whole thing again.

Courtesy car arrived Wednesday morning - after chasing up by me.

Was told Friday afternoon (12th) our car is a write off, courtesy car was collected Monday.

Told by insurance company would get calls, when they haven't arrived I have chased them up and told different things.

On wednesday I rang for an update, was told I would get a valuation today. I just rang and was told if I haven't heard by Wednesday morning next week to ring again and it will be chased up.

In the meantime, we do not have a car. Thanks to a good friend I have the use of an old Granada so at least we have transport.

Insurance company's are very good in the literature and advertising saying they will look after their customers - haven't seen much evidence of that.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry to hear of your problems, don't understand why you had courtesy car removed, you should have use of it until claim settled. I worked in Insurance claims for 16 years and we do have probolems with excessive amounts of work but car claims are relatively simple.
Becky
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Because my car was written off I was only entitled to the courtesy car for 3 days. Not impressed with this company.
mj
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Bloomin red tape its a nightmare trying to sort anything out these days! Thank heavens for your good friend don't now how i'd cope without a car. you relay on them so much don't you. Hopefully you'll get it sort soon, good luck