Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 08:24 AM

Windless Wednesday 15th December 2021

Morning to all who pops on this morning and then maybe this afternoon. Did I say training went well. I am sure they will get there in the end. Pups have learning curves as I keep telling them. Some things just take a little bit longer to learn just like kids. But I am sure they will get there in the end. It certainly has got my brain going again thinking of what to keep the kids entertained when training. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 10:03 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Pleased training went well

Take no notice of dad Kelly if you like it enjoy it only lasts for a few weeks once a year

Up early and walked Teazle in the dark then off to Ben's as child minding today. Got there and all were still in bed so turfed him out and got him off to work in time. Girls still in bed and no sign of getting up but I have had a sort out and tidy round so place looking a bit better. Out to lunch later to give the girls a break. Had a look round the school they will be going to next year. Very friendly staff who made them feel very welcome. Just hope they settle in.

Hope all are well. Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 10:41 AM
Sue how old are the children and are they staying now in the UK? Have a lovely time with them.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 11:00 AM
The children are 8yrs and 11yrs old. Hopefully they are here for ever but we never count our chickens. The rest of the family will be over next year but the time keeps changing, one minute Easter the next July so who knows
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 11:42 AM
Sue, I am sure the kids will settle in fine, when I was at school, we had a lad called ASA come over to live here. ASA was from South Africa and knew literally nobody, he settled fine, we had a laugh about his accent and we spent our first class together looking at a book on shark bites lol...most interesting French class I ever had.....I still remember his full name and our first meeting and it always makes me smile when I think of him.
Brenda, pleased training went well.
I have just bought a new surge protected extension lead for my Christmas decorations lol. We haven't said anything to dad yet, hopefully they will arrive early whilst he is at work so I can get them built and installed before he comes back from work
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 01:02 PM
Aw Sue I expect they will love Christmas and soon settle.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 01:21 PM
Good afternoon from a beautiful, sunny and quite mild Skegness

The heating engineer didn't turn up yesterday so is supposed to come today. He hasn't turned up yet so I'm not holding my breath. If he doesn't come, I think my mild mannered nature may just reach breaking point and a shouting match will be in order

Sue, I'm sure they will settle fine, but it might take mum coming over to finally get them fully there. Bless 'em, everything must seem so strange even though they have their dad and doting grandparents on hand. Christmas should help them feel more relaxed and homely.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2021, 04:24 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue, griff, Chris and anyone to follow.
We have been out shopping ordering the meat for Christmas which will be delivered Christmas day cost a £5 delivery charge which took me a little bit by surprise as the butcher is within walking distance. Saveus going out though and hopefully Michael will be here so worth the £5 I guess.
Got some more little presents they have money but I still like to give some little gifts nothing expensive mind.

brenda i am sure they will get there in the end.
Sue sounds like it was a good thing you had to go round today. Must be hard for the children but I am sure they will settle especially when in school and making friends, they will have a lot of stories to tell of their way of life back home.
Fingers crossed mum and rest of family will be over sooner rather than later.
griff enjoy the new decorations.
Chris goodness what a mess up regards this heating, I don't blame you getting to the point of getting angry.

Hope everyone is safe and well.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 08:19 PM
I've had a blow up at the housing association. The lady rang the heating engineers while I was on the 'phone and said they will definitely come tomorrow (where have I heard that before). She said to call her again if there are any problems.

I doubt anything will be solved even if they turn up. There are 5 flats without heating and all were told it was OK when they came last week (or was it the week before?).

I can see me getting social services and our MP involved if this isn't resolved and fast
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2021, 10:40 PM
Chris.....go directly to the press
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >