View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Glad to hear Cassie has a peaceful night and hope you manage to catch up on some sleep.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Sorry that Cassie had another, but glad she had a peaceful night. *hugs* to you all .
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Hi Jackie, so glad to hear she had a peaceful night, after having her head stuck in a Ben and Jerry's before retiring, bless her. Let's hope the new meds sort her out for good, I couldn't bear the thought of you having to witness this ever again, you poor, poor thing, I know how much this must upset you, but always remember what the vet told you previously, that it's a lot worse for the owner than it is for her! Just bear that in mind hey?! More hugs for my little girlie.xxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Sorry to hear Cassie had another fit but glad last night was a peaceful one.
Hopefully the meds will soon be at the right level for her and they will be a thing of the past.
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
So pleased you all had a peaceful night last night, been thinking of you this morning x x x
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Glad to hear Cassie has a peaceful night and hope you manage to catch up on some sleep.
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Sorry that Cassie had another, but glad she had a peaceful night. *hugs* to you all .
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Jackie, so glad to hear she had a peaceful night, after having her head stuck in a Ben and Jerry's before retiring, bless her. Let's hope the new meds sort her out for good, I couldn't bear the thought of you having to witness this ever again, you poor, poor thing, I know how much this must upset you, but always remember what the vet told you previously, that it's a lot worse for the owner than it is for her! Just bear that in mind hey?! More hugs for my little girlie.xxxxxxx
Thanks everyone. All's still well and John said she was well up for her walk this morning. Thanks again for all your good wishes. Long may the good news continue.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
PHEW!! I was hoping for good news and am delighted it is!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Me too!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Me too!
Awww...thanks guys.xx
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Glad to hear that there has been some improvement!

The late Snorri-dog was epileptic too, and, once we got his meds right, he went fit-free for 7 years (until he died, in fact). He started out on 30mg Phenobarb 2x per day, but later, we met one of his brothers who had (reportedly) "grown out of" it. The vet confirmed that it was possible, but that the only way to find out was to wean Snorri off his Pheno gradually. When we got him off the drug, he had another fit, and had to go back on it, BUT we had found out that half his prescribed dose was sufficient (ie 15mg 2x per day) and we saw no point in pumping more chemical c**p into him than necessary, so he stuck on the lower dose, successfully, for 7 years, with great quality of life.

He died of a stroke (we think) which may or may not have had anything to do with the fits (there is no suggestion that there is/was any connection).

Snorri
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Glad to hear that there has been some improvement!

The late Snorri-dog was epileptic too, and, once we got his meds right, he went fit-free for 7 years (until he died, in fact). He started out on 30mg Phenobarb 2x per day, but later, we met one of his brothers who had (reportedly) "grown out of" it. The vet confirmed that it was possible, but that the only way to find out was to wean Snorri off his Pheno gradually. When we got him off the drug, he had another fit, and had to go back on it, BUT we had found out that half his prescribed dose was sufficient (ie 15mg 2x per day) and we saw no point in pumping more chemical c**p into him than necessary, so he stuck on the lower dose, successfully, for 7 years, with great quality of life.

He died of a stroke (we think) which may or may not have had anything to do with the fits (there is no suggestion that there is/was any connection).

Snorri
Thanks Snorri, appreciate the information. Hopefully Cassie lives as long and happy a life as your dear Snorri did xxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Pleased to read the good news

Sue
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »