Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Oh Jessica - poor Beau.......

I do so hope that in time Beau starts to slowly improve and is soon back to his normal labbie self....

x0x0x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Poor Beau and poor you
I hope the vet can come up with an effective tratment very soon.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the replies.

The only treatment is a very strong, and long, course of antibiotics. It is an infection (albeit a very serious one) so that should sort the problem we hope. Its awful though, his face has started to smell like dead flesh - yuk!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:10 PM
How utterly awful. Can you tell us more about it? What is does? How he got it? I've never heard of anything like this.

So sad for him.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Well let's hope they get to work quickly on him, it must be soooo uncomfortable for him, and by the way, I suppose the vet did warn you that this must be catching for the other dogs and YOU maybe???? What did he say about that bit?? If it's rife in hospitals with any open cuts/wounds, then it's the same in a house isn't it?? Get some of that Dettox aerosal spray and try and spray as much as you can, i.e. bedding, skirtings, etc. etc.

I'm wondering how he got it though? Do you have any ideas? Have you recently been into a hospital to visit somebody or something maybe? It defies belief that our dogs can pick up something like this otherwise???

All the very best, what a nightmare for you!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Well, the vet said it is not contagious to us or the other dogs. They dont know how he got it. Its not actually like MRSA in that its a hospital caught thing, i think he just meant that it was the equivilant for dogs from how vigourous the infection is.

In a way i suppose it is good news. If the swabs had come back showing nothing we'd be back at square one and facing thousands of £££'s worth of allergy testing that might not have shown anything also.. At least we know what it is and can treat it.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Well at least that must be a bit comforting to know. Poor Beau, I hope he'll be much, much better soon when those ab's start doing their work. Bit scarey though isn't it, that a dog can suddenly get something like this from nowhere! All the best with him Jessica.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I guess he must have got it from somewhere, a cut or something? I dont know and my mum didnt ask (she took him to the vet, he lives with her) as she just wanted to know what the treatment would be. But its something i will see if she can ask the vet at the next appointment as it is a worry. Apparently he can get it anywhere on his body! Oh, and he was being used as an "example" to the student vet they have there of this infection at the worse it can be. Poor man.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Poor beau He must be feeling miserable. I do hope it begins to improve soon. Have they any idea how he got it?
Let us know how he gets on.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Wishing Beau better soon *hugs*
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »