View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 03:37 PM
God, I wish I hadn't seen that. Poor pup.

Jessica, it sounds horrid. I do wish you well with it, and Beau of course.
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I am so sorry that things are not getting any better for Beau at the moment. It's awful when they are in pain & it feels like you can't do anything to help them - you just feel helpless.

As I mentioned in a previous post Duke had these large "lumps" (hives) suddenly appear on the bridge of his nose (wish I could get hold of some photos) and these quickly became open sores - don't think they bled too much though. Can you bathe his face at all with something like a dilute solution of Hibiscrub? Does he have one of the plastic collars on too?

Sorry can't be more help - just trying to come up with some solutions......
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
So sorry to hear there's no improvement in Beau, Jessica.....

Don't have any advice to give, just hoping with all my heart that he recovers....

x0x0x
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
My mum is taking him to the vet at 5 and she will ring me later to let me know what they say so i shall update tomorrow. Im almost hoping that the samples show something, i know that sounds awful. but at least then we will know what it is!

He's currently having his face bathed twice daily with hibiscrub and it is very uncomfortable for him, he just whines the whole time its done but it is keeping it clean at least... He doesnt have a plastic collar on.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
awww poor thing
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Poor Beau, never heard anything like this quite honestly??! Has the vet told you to use Hibiscrub Jessica?? Just that I use it often of course with my itchy dog to kill everything off bacteria wise, BUT, maybe Beau doesn't need anything killing off, he needs more of the soothing variety of cleanser? Please ask your vet about this because Hibiscrub can be VERY astringent and you could be doing more harm than good and making him more sore. Poor little lamb, I hope they come up with a reason for you.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Poor Beau, never heard anything like this quite honestly??! Has the vet told you to use Hibiscrub Jessica?? Just that I use it often of course with my itchy dog to kill everything off bacteria wise, BUT, maybe Beau doesn't need anything killing off, he needs more of the soothing variety of cleanser? Please ask your vet about this because Hibiscrub can be VERY astringent and you could be doing more harm than good and making him more sore. Poor little lamb, I hope they come up with a reason for you.
Helen has said it for me. I was thinking exactly the same thing, I wouldn't use hibiscruib for that reason, especially if it's bleeding it's can cause more discomfort.

Hope you hear something soon.........fingers XXXXXX
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Helena - the vet did say to use the hibiscrub as it will keep the sores (if thats what they are, we dont even know that!!) clean and stop it all getting infected.

He has something very similar as a puppy that they put down to an allergic reaction to rimadyl (sp?) which is why they arethinking it COULD be an allergy, but its just finding out what could have set it off as he's had no medication...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Have you got any of that Sudocreme in the house Jessica? That is antisceptic plus it would be soothing for that skin??? Even Savlon which again is antesceptic would be better than Hibiscrub. I know the vet told you, but you've already done that once, and once is enough to keep everything at bay, I'm just thinking it's adding to the problems? What about the Savlon Iodine spray?? That would kill everything off too just like the Hibiscrub, but you spray it on and wouldn't be rubbing? Poor little mite

I had a similar thing to what Dawn posted up with one of my gsd's, and it eventually spread all over her face. Only ab's cleared it up, but she had it all of her life eventually, with courses of ab's (steroids didn't work on it). Must be awful to see him like this and nothing much you can do, poor little lamb. Try something soothing now that you HAVE done the Hibiscrub bit. Sudocreme would be the best, but Savlon is good.
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Sending best wishes and hugs to your poorly boy
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »