View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Sorry that Georgie is not feeling better yet. Maybe as Brandykins has suggested, he is missing Cassie + which there has also been a lot of change with the house. Bigs hugs to him. Hope he is on the mend soon.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi H,

I've just caught up with this thread again, I really hope he starts to get back to normal really quickly, you can do without all this worry on top of everything you've been through.

If good wishes could cure then none of us or our dogs would ever be poorly with the amount that we all send each other

I'm sending healing vibes and hope they reach him.

Big hugs, Sheree xxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks again to all of you for caring about my little man here. His tail has been slapping on the floor now when I go over to him, so I think there's a slight improvement. I'm sure you're right, its the stress of losing his loved one, and I did ask the vet about this on Friday and she said it can cause all manner of symptoms. He'll just have to get smothered with more tlc to make him all better I think, he'll never forget, but it might just make his life a bit easier to cope with at the moment. Yes, you're right, all the changes this year, the poor dogs haven't known whether they've been coming or going, although I've tried to occupy them with more walks to get them out of the place, but then sometimes that just wasn't possible, I couldn't leave if you know what I mean. Dave has said that maybe all the stress of our building works added to Cassie's problems, but I really don't like to think of that at all! All is well now, so hopefully we can settle down and make Georgie's life as happy as possible after what he's been through of late. I still think I'll be going back to the vets on Monday and if not, I'll definitely be phoning her like she's asked me to do. Strange that she's asked me to phone isn't it? They don't normally do that when they send you off with ab's etc. I'm sure she's got something at the back of her mind, so I'll have to get to the bottom of that! My good old intuition has been working overtime, and the fact that I'm always right (well, I'm never wrong!!!! )is still nagging me about what I think might be wrong here. It's different than a bug type thing, I've been there many a time, this is different

Thanks guys, let's hope he improves tomorrow, he should do with all these Dogsey well wishes like you say Sheree - we should have the healthiest doglets on the planet!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Maybe he is missing Cassie + which there has also been a lot of change with the house.
I'm sure he is missing Cassie and the house building work would make him apprehensive also. IMO dogs do not like change, they like the status quo even when that is not ideal, I think they would rather have what the're used to than something new.

Have you been able to ask your neighbours if the're using slug killing pellets?

Hope he is getting better, big hugs to him & I hope you don't worry too much and the vet. can get it sorted soon.

You've had a real roller coaster ride these last few weeks you don't need anymore heartache.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks H, no I don't! Anyway, Georgie has made quite an improvement today I think? He has done a normal poo first thing which I witnessed from the french doors and jumped up and down in the air when it happened - Dave gave me a very strange look!!! He's eaten well and been out and met all his mates this morning, now he's sleeping, but not doing that heavy breathing like he has been.

Last night when he was zonked out on the kitchen floor ready for bed, I felt inbetween his groin and you could have fried an egg in there it was soooooo warm and red. I wetted a towel with cold water and placed it between his back legs and when I took it out the skin had gone all lovely and white again. I hope I brought his temperature down too, coz that's a good place to do it with the major blood vessels in the groin I think?! He breathed a lot slower after that too.

THEN, I came down this morning to see he'd scratched his little face and forehead which was all bleeding!!! Why can't my life be normal like everyone else, come downstairs and have a cup of tea, no, at 6.30 am. I have to get the first aid kit out for Georgie (which is now so vast it's been put in a stacker!!!)clean it all up and treat it in the hope that he'll leave it alone!!! I hope nobody thought I'd been beating him over the head when they saw the state of him up on the green this morning!!

I don't think I'll be going to the vet with him tomorrow, but I'll phone her and let her know how things are. A blockage is absolutely out of the question now that he's done a normal poo and still eating without being sick, so hopefully whatever it was the ab's are kicking in now. I will ask the neighbours when I see them about slug pellets etc. but they hate gardening so I wouldn't have thought so, but then the neighbours further up are so I will ask her. I wonder how far snails can travel? Now that's an interesting question!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Im so sorry that Georgie hasnt been too well Helen.

It is very encouraging though with him having an appettite,doing a solid poo and wanted to go for a walk.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2007, 01:06 PM
hoping hes on the mend now H shame he was ill,so soon,after cassie,i know the feeling there,
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I wonder how far snails can travel? Now that's an interesting question!!!!
Hah! well because I have nothing better to do at the moment, here's some snail facts for you doesn't say how far but as they travel slowly and in circles it could probably take a long time by which the pellets would have killed them long before they reached you

The largest land snail ever found was 15 inches long and weighed 2 pounds!

Snails' bodies produce a thick slime. Because of this slime, they can crawl across the edge of a razor and not get hurt.

Some snails have been known to live up to 15 years.

Snails are hermaphrodites which means that they have both male and female reproductive organs.

Snails usually travel in irregular paths, often traveling in a circle.

Snails reply mainly on their sense of touch and smell when finding food because they have very poor eyesight.

Snails cannot hear.

Snails can retract one or both of their tentacles at a time.

Because of the suction created by their slime, a snail can crawl upside down.

Snails are nocturnal animals which means they are more active at night.

Garden Snails mainly eat garden plants and vegetables, but they will also eat decaying plants and soil.

The fastest snails are the speckled garden snails which can move up to 55 yards per hour compared 23 inches per hour of most other land snails.

Garden snails hibernate during the winter and live on their stored fat.

Garden snails breathe with lungs.

Garden snails evolved from sea snails about 600 million years ago.

The garden snail is cooked and eaten as a delicacy called escargot

May 24th is National Escargot Day

Dee
yeah ok I need to get a life
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Lol @ dee
H i hope he improves.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Glad to hear Georgie is feeling a bit better today.Hope he continues to improve and he will soon be fit and well.
(((Hugs))) to you and Georgie I think you need them.xx
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »