View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks all of you, you're a wonderful bunch at times like this ya know!!

He's still not right if you know what I mean, but he's not doing all that panting so I don't think he's in too much pain with whatever it is. He did a big splatt on the gravel this morning out the back, and I don't like that, I'm sure he's eaten something he shouldn't, he's a right dustbin when we're out and I have to watch him all the time. Just a thought though, I did catch him eating a snail about 4 days ago and that's when all this started, and I'm sure I've read somewhere about snails and what they can do to dogs? Anyone know please? It might help the vet out and give her a clue, coz she says she's frustrated that she doesn't quite know what's up with him. I think I'll put a thread up and ask about snails, it could well be that coz he left the remains of the shell in the lounge!!!
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I have heard of dogs being poisoned by the stuff some gardeners put down to kill slugs & snails do you think the snail might have eaten some before he was eaten? I'd certainly mention it to the vet.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 10:00 PM
just caught this thread and skipped to the end to make sure it had a good ending - re snails is it not something like worms or something they can get from it ???

cant remember either to be honest but dont think its a nice thing.....

anyway - fingers crossed that all is ok . give georgie a big hug from me
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 10:08 PM
big hugs to georgie, however i dont think it will deter him from eating nasties again!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Hope the ab's start working and poor georgie will be feeling a lot better soon.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Phew Helena you had me worried for a second there! I've only just caught this and skimmed through as quickly as possible to see the news.

So glad he's 'ok' even if he's not quite right... send him big but gentle hugs from me (not sending gentle dally hugs because there's no such thing!)
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

18-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Hello Helena - hope Georgie is lots better now! Could it be the med he was put on that is making him do a big poo? I know that to begin with when Loki was first put on the Epiphen (Phenobarb) that she did a "funny" one! After her body got used to them, it was OK. Just a thought

However, hope all is well for both your and Georgie today. Thoughts going your way and hugs to Georgie

Take care
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys, still no change really. He's been ill before of course, but nothing quite like this, I just don't like that breathing when I'm watching him lying down I'm now thinking about some sort of blockage going on, but then he's eating fine and he's not been sick at all. The reason I say this, is that big squit of diarrhea I had yesterday morning (not me - him!!! Lol!) had a sort of normal piece slap bang in the middle of it, and I'm thinking of he's got a blockage I think the bowel lets watery stuff through doesn't it? Today he's done nothing, but he did try this morning which makes me wonder even more? Surely though, if it was a blockage he'd be worse than he is and she would have felt something when she gave him a thorough feel underneath? He's very quiet and actually sleeping today. I think I'll be going back with him on Monday somehow, I'm still not happy with him.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Awwww...bless his wee heart. Hope he's feeling better soon. I think your right about taking him back to the vet if your not happy with him though. Fingers crossed it's only a bug. xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

18-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Hello Helena - so sorry to hear that Georgie is still having problems - Loki pants when she is too warm, or if stressed after her fits. Perhaps Georgie is feeling a bit stressed out missing Cassie? Just a thought.

Go back to the vet and I am sure the vet may come up with something.

I will keep Georgie is my prayers and thinking good thoughts to go to you as well.

Take care.

Rose xx
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »