Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 01:06 PM

Georgie's not well now

Spent most of the morning at the vets with Georgie. Although it was because of his constant scratchin and chewing, I'm not happy with the way he is at the moment, so I asked if we could have a blood test, coz at the back of my mind it's similar to the signs he was showing back in April when his liver was enlarged due to overuse of steroids.

She agreed with me this morning that it might be because his temperature is slightly raised. He's had soft poo too which has been very yellow, and that puts the fear of God into me coz my other dog who had EPI would always have yellow diarrhea when it erupted. Soooooo, I said to the vet "I'm not going to lose another one am I??????" to which she replied that although pills can help the liver, sometimes they just stop working and there's nothing more we can do!!! Oh Christ I thought, I can't bear to lose another one in such a short time.

Anyway, she's just rung me back and thank God the inhouse bloods are almost normal, so the liver's almost fine, she's 95% sure it's not his liver. Then again, if you remember back, that other vet was 99% sure that Cassie's lump wasn't cancer!!!!!!!

She has sent off some more blood somewhere else, and she should have the results of that back tonight at 7pm, so she'll ring me again.

If they're fine, she will do a scan of his stomach to see what's going on in there, coz she agrees with me that he's not happy. He keeps panting when he's not particularly hot, and I don't like the way he's breathing quite fast. He keeps lying down whilst out on our walk, just like he did when he had the liver problem, that's what made me ask her about it. He's just not right if you know what I mean, andnobody knows our dogs better than ourselves. Hopefully, she'll get to the bottom of it, but it all takes time, and I don't like to see him uncomfortable.

She won't give me the ab's until she's got the 2nd results back tonight, which is a shame, coz I really think they'd help him at the moment. I'm sure he's got stomach ache with whatever's going on inside him.

Please God, don't let me lose another one so soon, I just couldn't bear it!!!!!!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Sending positive vibes your way. Thinking of you.
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Ohh, how nerve racking for you.

Sending positive vibes to you and Georgie

Do let us know as soon as you get the other test results

(((((hugs))))
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 01:39 PM
oh how worrying for you, bless you, positive thoughts sent your way from flower and i xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Awww Helena hoping Georgie is ok.xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Sending lots of good vibes to you and Georgie, plus I have got everything imaginable crossed for a good outcome.

I'm thinking of you H, xxxxxxx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Sending positive thoughts your way. The yellow poo may not be anything to worry about. Max has always had a very sensitive stomach & I've seen some fairly strange poos with him! He has on occasion done yellowish ones but it has always been down to something he ate. Fingers crossed. xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Oh Helena, how awful for you, sending positive vibes to you and Georgie, big (((Hugs))
Christine
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

16-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi H So sorry to hear that Georgie is not doing so good. Positive vibes re his results. Thinking of you and George and sending

GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 02:15 PM
My prayers are with you both. Hope the next results are encouraging.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »