Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 09:59 AM
run free little one not yet for this world,xx

Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Sorry i have only just seen this thread. How awful! You and Poppy are really having a time of it. I hope she picks up and the remaining pups do not have any problems. We will have our fingers and paws crossed for you here x
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:15 AM
So sorry to hear you have lost another wee puppy. I hope you get some good news today and Poppy will soon be on the road to recovery. Run free little ones.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Latest update: Vet has just called, this time we spoke to the vet who helped Poppy deliver the pups, he said although her white count was up, it wasn't a worrying high, something he would expect from a bitch that had just whelped. They rechecked her calcium and that is fine too. The pups are well and slurping away happily feeding on Poppy.

NOW.......he did confess that the fits she has been having were a reaction to the ACP and that she had probably been OVERDOSED!!!!!!!!!\

We can pick them all up at 12, so we're just off now, but this isn't the last they have heard from me on this, once Poppy and her babes are on the road to recovery I am going to take this further!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 10:35 AM
At least they have admitted their mistake. When you go to collect don't pay and say you'll be putting a complaint in writing to them concerning this matter.
Hope Poppy and pups continue to recover. Is there an indication that the pups that didn't make it were affected by the ACP?
Becky
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 11:36 AM
It looks like you ought to sue them CC. Did you have a witness to what was said? This is just so awful. I can't begin to imagine how you must feel at the moment. Although as you say the top priority is to get Poppy and the remaining pups well on the road to recovery.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Just picked up on this thread What was the vet thinking of giving ACP it is really an old fashioned pre med drug & has some awful side effects as you have discovered

Everything crossed here for mum & her babies
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
Latest update: Vet has just called, this time we spoke to the vet who helped Poppy deliver the pups, he said although her white count was up, it wasn't a worrying high, something he would expect from a bitch that had just whelped. They rechecked her calcium and that is fine too. The pups are well and slurping away happily feeding on Poppy.

NOW.......he did confess that the fits she has been having were a reaction to the ACP and that she had probably been OVERDOSED!!!!!!!!!\

We can pick them all up at 12, so we're just off now, but this isn't the last they have heard from me on this, once Poppy and her babes are on the road to recovery I am going to take this further!

i emailed my sister as i said i would and she says youre dam right it would go through the milk and that it would def cause fits in a newly whelped bitch,sue the ass of the git,and morn for the lost babies were all behind you sharon,im sorry for your loss at this hard time,xxzb
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I was speaking again to my friend who is a trained vet, but gave up to have a family, she said it's possible the pups we've lost were affected by the drug, the first pup was the smallest of the litter and it would have only taken a small amount to affect her, the second pup was the biggest and again because she probably took more milk had the same effect as it did on the small pup.

But on a brighter note, Poppy seems so much more relaxed now, I can touch the pups without her growling, the pups are feeding well, hopefully in a day or two they will put the weight back on and start filling out.

Thank you all for your messages of support, pm's and telephone calls, I really did appreciate talking to somebody in my hour of need.
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-07-2007, 03:55 PM
How awful for you, I agree with the others I'd sue them too. I hope everything goes well for you from now on!
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »