View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 07:45 PM
sounds to me a calcium drop,make sure you continue to give calcuim,i give the injectable calcium,and tablets,as you know the proper milk comes in at 2-3 days,be carefull iv found that if the bitch goes hypocalcimic she will get mastitis,hopefully the abs shes on will cover her,have you any life aid,its like dyoralyte we give to kids,it replaces all the salts the pups loose when there ill,i cant find anything that suggests the drug would have passed to the pups blood stream,making them drowsy,or suffering side effects,i would be haveing very strong words with this so called vet tomorrow,i did find this but will continue looking for you if you like ,sorry she bite your fingers,unfortunatly we all risk things like losing fingers for the life of our beloved pets,i do hope she gets over this episode,did the vet check to make sure shes completely empty, zb x
http://www.emergencyvetcare.com/VetC...ranquilizer.pd...

normal milk,or lambs milk may help her calcuim,levels the vet told me to give this when id a hypo bitch 3 years back and she lived onmilk for 2 days thats all shed take xx
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Sending positive thoughts to you Cockermum - hope Poppy is feeling better.

I have heard quite a few grumbles regarding vets recently so you aren't alone.

My best wishes to you and all

xx
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Change vets!!!! Sounds awful poor doggy feeling unwell and then given those tablets bet she would have something to say to the vet if she could talk human talk. I am thinking of you all there and hoping for a good outcome for both her and puppy, why are some vets so stupid where dogs are concerned, have needed a good gripe for a while after hearing horror stories of their lack of commonsense, guess there are good ones too, anyway, try warm cloth on the teats if they are still v hot may calm her a little and she may enjoy the contact with you, all the best
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:10 PM
I hope Poppy and the poorly pup are better soon.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:13 PM
You haave really been having a horrendous time. I can't give any practical advice but I am thinking of you
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 09:45 PM
2nd pup is definitely not going to make it, her tummy is blue, she's cold and gasping for breath, Poppy is panting like mad, have just called OH in work and he's going to see if he can come home and we're going to the vets ASAP, like tonight. I've spoken to a friend (vet training) who has also said it sounds like eclampsia, so Poppy needs her levels checked urgently and medication given ASAP, I've been giving her double the amount of Collo-Cal D. Also she thinks that the pups have a bug of some sort and that they need liquid synulox urgently to give them a chance, the sooner the better on the pups that are ok at the moment.

Will update later or first thing tomorrow morning. Please keep everything crossed for us.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Sending you positive vibes, I do so hope you dont loose another pup! One can only put all ones faith in a vets judgement - hearing this makes me so angry. My thoughts are with you!
sarah8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:21 PM
How awful for you. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out. I do hope Poppy and the puppies get the help they need and feel better soon. Sending my best wishes and thinking of you.

Sarah
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

29-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Just caught this - what a nightmare. Hope things improve tomorrow.
Wish
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, I hope Poppy and the pups are ok, sending healing thoughts and i'll be thinking of you.

xx
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »