Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Poor Girl Hope she's better soon .
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 05:39 PM
He sounds like a bit of a plonker that vet. Anyway I hope that she gets back to normal soon and that the poorly puppy rallies.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Thinking of you,

D x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Hope your girl and the pups are ok. Thinking of you.xx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Things are going from bad to worse. Poppy hasn't had any more of the ACP's since 9am this morning.

I gave all the girls a chicken wing each, went out to the garden when I came back in Poppy was having a fit and her chicken wing was stuck in her throat, her gums were white!!!!

I managed to force her mouth open, but she clamped down on my fingers and has gone right through my middle finger on my right hand, I actually felt her hit the one, I have an entry and exit puncture wound. Thankfully I managed to get the chicken wing out, and within a few probably seconds but felt like a lifetime, she slowly came back to me.

5 minutes later she was sat up next to me having a cuddle, she sniffed my freshly plastered fingers and looked at me so sad, I know it's not her fault she's never barked or growled at me ever in the 4 years we've had her. I feel dreadful like it's my fault, I'm just praying this medication hasn't done any permanent damage to my poor girl.

So it looks like I'm off to the doctors for a tetinus jab tomorrow, will have to leave OH on Poppy watch, it shouldn't take long as my doctor is close by.

Has anybody found a good informative website about this ACP drug that I can print off?
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Oh no how horrible for you both, poor poppy i hope she will be ok, very worring for you.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Oh how horrible for you. Hope the damage isn't too bad. Fingers crossed things go on up from now on. Sending positive vibes.
Becky
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2007, 07:21 PM
So sorry to hear about poor poppy bless her,thinking of you,Hope you find out whats wrong soon xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-07-2007, 07:21 PM
ACP is a drug that boxers react badly to There is loads of info about it re boxers but I am not sure if it applies to Cocker Spaniels too.

http://www.jlhweb.net/BOSS/ace.htm

Hope Poppy is better soon.
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »