View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 01:00 PM
does it have feet? we had the same problem with our leather suite until it was discovered the feet twist off, giving the extra inches needed to get it in
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 01:11 PM
The feet aren't attached yet!! They are here now, one settee is in the room.....so at least it's in! Yippee!!
alice0675
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-11-2006, 01:15 PM
We had the same problem and ended up having to pay a glazier to take the front room window out.

Good luck with yours hope you manage to get it in ok
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 02:26 PM
It's in.......didn't realise just how BIG it was, we had two 3 seaters before, so went for the same, but these are more the size of 4 seaters.....the delivery men said they weigh 23 stone each!!!

We only had one other option if removing the door frame didn't work, and that was for them to take it back to the warehouse and have the arms removed, but it would have cost us.......as if it didn't cost enough to start with and we paid an extra £200 per settee for the different leather we wanted.

At least it's in, very comfortable.....and smells lovely
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 08:26 PM
you will really appreciate those sofa's for years to come, after all the hassle of getting them in!!

Had to de-glaze our lounge window the other week to get our sofa in as got stuck half way down the hall!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 08:32 PM
What a nightmare! I will have to measure carefully when I order mine Luckily, from the front door into the lounge it's straight ahead so no corner to get around, but I guess most door frames are a standard width so I will bear that in mind, thanks for the warning!
After waiting so long - why do these firms sell what they haven't actually got??? it must have been the final straw. I would have flipped!
Glad you now have it sorted - enjoy!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2006, 10:30 PM
My sister had the same problem when she bought her new suite. It fitted through the front door ok but wouldn't go down the hallway!! They finished up having the double glazing company come and take out the front windows. She says that the only way the suite will go out again is in bits!!!!!!!!!! Looks good now it's in though.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by alice0675 View Post
We had the same problem and ended up having to pay a glazier to take the front room window out.

Good luck with yours hope you manage to get it in ok

I had to do the same thing Alice. Thankfully my ex was in that field of work, so it didn't cost me anything.

Sharon, I hope you get it all in
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
What a nightmare! I will have to measure carefully when I order mine Luckily, from the front door into the lounge it's straight ahead so no corner to get around, but I guess most door frames are a standard width so I will bear that in mind, thanks for the warning!
After waiting so long - why do these firms sell what they haven't actually got??? it must have been the final straw. I would have flipped!
Glad you now have it sorted - enjoy!
We didn't have any corners to turn either, straight through the front door and across hall straight into the living room!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2006, 08:33 PM
well having spend too much time, stress and money getting the windows in they're not coming out again! I'll have to get a thin sofa!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >