View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Great post, so easy to take for granted that it's on and forget to check it's stayed on...
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2006, 10:55 PM
I know how you feel but I'm glad you posted this. I shall go off and check Loki's collar tonight before bed.
Thank you.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 08:45 AM
It's so easy to overlook these things...in all honesty once the Biffters tag fell off and we weren't aware of it til some good samaritan posted it back to us. Shame on me.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 12:56 PM
i checked the dog and cats microchip details and the vets had put down the wrong area code,they had it on the computer and didn't updatethe computer when the area code changed(we are in the same city as the vets and both animals were chipped after the code change) i changed it online free of charge and also added about not feeding them due to dietary problems a very good point ailsa,especially as firework season is nearly upon us again
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Great post Ailsa. That was something I was always a bit slack on
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Great post Ailsa, this where any ID system falls down - when owners don't keep the registration database up to date.

Just today I have been handed a Boxer bitch by the dog warden, they have traced her m/c and the registered owners have not been known at that address for at least 2 years. The dog wardens had the feeling that the chap who handed her in was the owner, possibly the dog had changed hands and no-one had notified IDentichip.

I also check my dogs chips regularly too.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2006, 07:33 PM
i was just thinking today I should get their chips checked...feel a call to the vet coming on, they could do with their freeby OAP health check with the nurse too...put the call on job list for tomorrow I think...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2