View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 07:55 PM
I desperately hope it isn't what you think, Delilah is such a starlet! We'll have everything crossed for you on Tuesday. Thinking of you...

Jenny xxx
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 08:23 AM
it's awful, I really feel for you. I don't know alot about pugs, but I have heard about this problem that is in the lines, and yet another reason why I feel so strongly about pedigree dogs. Even though the parents don't have the problem, they are both carrying the gene, that would have been lying dormant.
If more breeders would look into genetics and have a good understanding of what they are doing, and why not to breed from just the 'pretty' dogs, we could potentially eradicate problems like this. Instead the young champions win the competitions, and regardless of the bad genes, it is bred from and bred from to produce more pretty dogs that are not necessarily healthy. The heart breaking thing is we have bred in good looks and lost health and longevity.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear the news,hopefully it won't be as bad as you are expecting,good luck for Tuesday.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Sorry to hear about Delilah. I do hope it isn't the worst news and that she will be ok.

Will be thinking of you.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm so sorry to hear Delilah is ill. Fingers crossed for a good outcome on Tuesday. Keep us posted
annapaige
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2006, 01:03 PM
so sorry Delilah is not well fingers crossed it will be something that can be treated big hugs xxx
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by jess
it's awful, I really feel for you. I don't know alot about pugs, but I have heard about this problem that is in the lines, and yet another reason why I feel so strongly about pedigree dogs. Even though the parents don't have the problem, they are both carrying the gene, that would have been lying dormant.
If more breeders would look into genetics and have a good understanding of what they are doing, and why not to breed from just the 'pretty' dogs, we could potentially eradicate problems like this. Instead the young champions win the competitions, and regardless of the bad genes, it is bred from and bred from to produce more pretty dogs that are not necessarily healthy. The heart breaking thing is we have bred in good looks and lost health and longevity.

I have to disagree with you there actually. Delilah's breeder is the top breeder of pugs in this country. She health screens all of her breeding stocl for a number of different diseases before breeding them and she is also a member of the Pug Dog Club health commitee so i am sure she did everything possible to try to breed healthy puppies, it was certainly not a case of breeding two "pretty" dogs to get pretty puppies. With a reputation like her's on the line she certainly wouldn't be risking breeding dogs with HV just for the sake of not doing health tests. In Delilah's pedigree the breeder owned both parents for about 2 or 3 generations so we can only assume that it has been carried from there and only been present now with Delilah. But i dont think just because Delilah has this problem that you should assume that the breeder was irresponsible and didn't know what she was doing, i personally find that very rude as it also implies that WE did not research the problems with the breed before buying our puppy, which we did, and we chose to go for one from a breeder who DOES health screen ALL of her breeding stock. We are devestated that Lilah may be facing this disease, but please dont assume that we just bought her from anyone because she may have it.

Thank you to everyone else for your kind comments, Delilah is asleep on my lap now She has been fine today, trotting around the garden beautifully so we're still keeping everything crossed that it isn't HV! I shall let you all know what the vets say tomorrow
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Fingers crossed for you for tomorrow. Delilah's an adorable little girl. I hope its nothing serious.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica
I have to disagree with you there actually. Delilah's breeder is the top breeder of pugs in this country. She health screens all of her breeding stocl for a number of different diseases before breeding them and she is also a member of the Pug Dog Club health commitee so i am sure she did everything possible to try to breed healthy puppies, it was certainly not a case of breeding two "pretty" dogs to get pretty puppies. With a reputation like her's on the line she certainly wouldn't be risking breeding dogs with HV just for the sake of not doing health tests. In Delilah's pedigree the breeder owned both parents for about 2 or 3 generations so we can only assume that it has been carried from there and only been present now with Delilah. But i dont think just because Delilah has this problem that you should assume that the breeder was irresponsible and didn't know what she was doing, i personally find that very rude as it also implies that WE did not research the problems with the breed before buying our puppy, which we did, and we chose to go for one from a breeder who DOES health screen ALL of her breeding stock. We are devestated that Lilah may be facing this disease, but please dont assume that we just bought her from anyone because she may have it.

Thank you to everyone else for your kind comments, Delilah is asleep on my lap now She has been fine today, trotting around the garden beautifully so we're still keeping everything crossed that it isn't HV! I shall let you all know what the vets say tomorrow
I know I've already posted but just wanted to say fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Keeping everything crossed for you for tomorrow.
Hope it's good news.
Thinking of you xx
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »