View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm so sorry, poor little Delilah It must be agonizing having to wait until Tuesday
I really hope you get some good news.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm so sorry Jessica, poor Delilah, I expect Tuesday seems an awful long time away.

will thin of you both on tuesday and hope the outcome is a promising one.
songbird72884
New Member!
Female 

03-09-2006, 11:36 AM
I just wanted to offer some (hopefully) words of consolation, in case the worst does occur and Delilah does have that. If I understood it correctly, that condition leads to paralysis of the hindquarters, is that right? Just wanted to let you know that our first dog, a miniature dachshund, came into my parents' lives a year before I was born and was an absolute darling. He'd been in a car accident and was paralysed in his hindquarters, so he pulled himself along using his front legs. After a few months of morning/nightly massage on his hips, he regained most of the use of his legs and although he never got rid of his limp, and often was stuck having to be pushed around in a pram (usually shared with me ) we had another 5 years with him and only lost him to old age.

I may sound long-winded, but I just wanted to let you know that even if it does turn out that Delilah is going to be partially paralysed, our little canine friends are a lot better at coping with problems like that than we are and I'm sure that you'll still have a darling little lap dog.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Delilah
xxx
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm praying for better news for you on Tuesday.

{{{hugs}}} to you all x
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Jessica I am so sorry to learn your lovely little Pug is ill
I hope things are not as bad as you fear they may be .....(hug)
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2006, 05:39 PM
I don't know much about this problem but will try to help if that it what it turns out to be, hopefully it may be just weak muscles. You are not too far away from me I am in South Wales, and I am a Bowen Therapist This can do wonders sometimes (not all the time but about 80%) and I have used this on dogs cats and horses that have been diagnosed with different things the Vets said there was nothing they could do. A Horse had what is called a Sweeny injury (paralized front leg) and they wanted to put it down so I gave this yearling 6 Bowne treatments one week apart. I am pleased to say that was 4 years ago and she is running in the field with all the other horses to this day.
Now if you would like me to try this on your little one I would be most happy to do so I do not charge anything at all its a free treatment for animals as far as I am concered. You might have to bring the little one to me though, as I only have the use of the car a couple of days a week due to Hubby being on nights. PM me if you want.
Babs
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 05:49 PM
so sorry to hear this - sending loads of positive thoughts your way.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by sweetmimi
I don't know much about this problem but will try to help if that it what it turns out to be, hopefully it may be just weak muscles. You are not too far away from me I am in South Wales, and I am a Bowen Therapist This can do wonders sometimes (not all the time but about 80%) and I have used this on dogs cats and horses that have been diagnosed with different things the Vets said there was nothing they could do. A Horse had what is called a Sweeny injury (paralized front leg) and they wanted to put it down so I gave this yearling 6 Bowne treatments one week apart. I am pleased to say that was 4 years ago and she is running in the field with all the other horses to this day.
Now if you would like me to try this on your little one I would be most happy to do so I do not charge anything at all its a free treatment for animals as far as I am concered. You might have to bring the little one to me though, as I only have the use of the car a couple of days a week due to Hubby being on nights. PM me if you want.
Babs
Hi Babs, Thank you SO much for your very kind offer and we would most definately like you to have a look at our little girl if you think you can help her. I have heard wonderful things about Bowen Therapy on horses but didn't realise it could be done on dogs as well!! I shall contact you on Tuesday with the results of the x rays and hopefully you will be able to tell me if you think you can do anything to help our little Lilah! Travelling to you would be no problem

Thank you to everyone else for you kind replies and good wishes! Tuesday seems so far away and i want to know whats wrong with Delilah now so we can start treatment, but im also dreading it if that makes any sense?! Just the anaesthetic alone is a worry but it has to be done!!

We took Lilah for a walk with the labs this afternoon (she was carried for almost all of it of course) and she was fine! We let her have a very short run and she moved very well so we're still hopeful that it may just be a muscle problem, which we would treat however it was necessary! I am just dreading the vets confirming the breeders diagnosis.. It is such a scary thought! But hopefully, if we start treatment while she is still very mobile we may be able to help her!

I will be sure to let you all know on Tuesday what the vets say!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this.

Poppy and I are sending you all positive thoughts and lots of love and hugs. x
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh please dont think the worst yet It might just be a muscle problem as I said Now if it is please feel free to contact me on this number 01685 882868 and if a Bowen will help her I will be pleased to do it for you She will probably need 6 treatments one week apart as sometimes it takes 7 days for the Bowen moves to work.
I had a Goldie for years and the poor lad could hardly walk when he was 12 bad hips so the vet said Well I was just qualified in the Bowen at that time so decided to try it on him, At the time he could not get down the back door step to go out for a piddle we had to life him down. Well 2 months on and the Bowen treatment that I gave him not only was he going down the step into the garden but he was walking up the Mountain with me and my hubby as well and he lived to be the grand old age of 16. My vet could not believe it and he has sent me a number of dogs and cats to treat and all of them had some success. I will never charge any animal owner for any treatment as just seeing the animal getting better is reward enough for me. Babs
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »