Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hi everyone,

I am thinking that I will have to buy a new vacumn for upstairs, (I can't carry it upstairs anymore.) that one at Argos seems good, although sounds a bit cheap, if anyone has one of those, what's it like. I was thinking of using the new one down stairs where most of the muck is and having the old Dyson upstairs as it is ageing a bit.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Ian

P.S. I don't really want to spend hundreds on a one really
I bought the one on offer in Argos, prefer it to the Dyson.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Miele for me, very expensive but the best vacuum i have ever had and when it needs replacing it will def be Miele again
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
This subject became a sore point in Snorri mansions a few months back! Mrs S decided that our old Electrolux Twin Turbo was dying. I had a look at it, and thought that it was just a case of the air stream being blocked somewhere - there was no sign of any electrical failure. However, we HAD to get a new one, because, obviously, I had no idea what I was talking about. £40 got us an Electrolux Filtaire, which seems to be pretty good (especially dog-hairwise).

As the old machine was still operating, we decided to give it to a friend, so I dug the instruction booklet out of my "manuals file" - the till receipt was still there (18 years old!), but it transpired that the air filters had never been either cleaned or replaced in all that time. My original theory had been correct - the airstream was blocked. £40 for a problem which could have been solved for 40p!

Mrs S rejected the possibility of a Dyson, as too many of her friends and relatives have had Dysons that packed in too early. I've heard both good and bad of them, so I don't argue one way or the other about them!

Snorri
The moral of this tale, for men everywhere, is:
Beware when a woman says "we need a new............" What she really means is "I WANT a new.........."
Not quite the same thing, really- - - - -

Snorri
Dazzle88
New Member!
Female 

02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Been to my mum and dad's for tea and asked them about what they thought about which vacuum cleaner to get - my dad suggested a Sebo as they had good reviews - had a look at their site - they seem a bit expensive but spec reads well. Has anyone got/heard of these?
Joanne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-04-2006, 09:27 AM
I have a Miele Cat & Dog one too for about 3 years and its still going strong.

It is really good and easy to trail around behind you and very good at sucking up dog hairs from carpet and tiles!

Heres a link to it.
http://www.24electric.com/detail.php?ProdID=88434937
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Dyson Animal - well worth the money
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by minky
Dyson Animal - well worth the money
2 Right couldn't agree more i need one with my hairy bears.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2006, 12:05 PM
I think I need one of those robotic ones that bumbles round the room by itself, smacking into things! But I have the feeling that the dogs would like it even less than the current one! No doubt, in true BC fashion, they'd try to round it up and make it stay in the corner!

Snorri
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 12:07 PM
I could not live without my Dyson I would always recommend one to anybody, so sorry you had problems with yours, my old Dyson just packed in for some reason unknown but I still love my Dyson
Dazzle88
New Member!
Female 

03-04-2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for that Joanne I have had a look at the vacuum cleaner on the link you gave me and it looks quite good
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >