Our sister sites
Our sister sites
trace1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-01-2006, 12:51 AM

when do bitches come into season?

hiya all
not been on for a while but i need to ask a question, our dog who is female is now 7 & a half months old & as yet has not come into season. is this normal.
i have noticed that her vagina has swollen but no discharge or blood in site, but she seems depressed. we did wonder if she needed a playmate although there is some 1 with her all the time or the depression was a sign of coming into season. she is a cavalier king charles spaniel as well if this helps
any advice would be great
thanks in adance
trace xxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Some bitches are really clean and you dont notice the blood at all. Dusty came into season at 7 months but it varies, like girls and periods.

It sounds asthough she could very well be, Dusty had a mega stop on with her,right sulky litlle madam! Just keep an eye on her. Being a smaller breed she could come in any time now.

kel xx
trace1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-01-2006, 01:14 AM
yeah she is quite sulky & sleeps a lot, the other thing is she went to mother in laws on new years eve as we were out for the nite & she has a westie bitch & mother in laws comment when she brought her back was " i'm bringing back your unruly child & i don't mean your son " lol. evie was very lively there while she had another dog to play with, so that why we were wondering if she needed a playmate or this was the signs of the first season.
sorry if i sound a bit dim but i've never had a female dog before & she is now part of the family & i wana make sure shes ok. also i think she is quite small even for a ckcs, 1 of the neighbours has asked if she is a miniture.
thanks trace
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Bitches can have 'mood swings' associated with seasons.

May I suggest that you buy, or borrow from your library, 'The Book of the Bitch' by J.M. Evans & Kay White. This will tell you just about everything you would want to know about the care and management of bitches

Keep a close eye on her at all times to ensure that she does not come into contact with intact males.
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
sounds to me that shes comming in season,my bitches are normally round the year mark when they come in season and then yearly after that.but most dogscome in earlyer and have two seasons a year