View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm waiting for them to ring me with more news & results, they phoned last night and said that again the tests for parvo had come back as negative (which was a relief), they said they were giving her water and water with electrolytes by drip and that she had livened a little after that. I'm just hoping that they can find something conclusive, she said that Tangle seemed interested in food and that they'd tried many different foods but wouldn't eat so they were going to syringe feed her. This is what I'd found, my house is like a pet food suppliers with vast amounts of all that I've tried to get her to eat.
I will let you know as I get more info......
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

10-07-2013, 01:13 PM
This is so reminiscent of my puppies, they were tested for parvo as well, I didn't think it was because there is a distinct smell for parvo, and you never forget it, but it was getting to the same stage as you are they were looking for anything at all in the end.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Poor you, what a terrible worry. Everything crossed that Tangle starts to eat soon and 'picks up'.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2013, 09:09 PM
This is horrible for you, but they are clearly doing everything they possibly can.

Lots and lots of good luck for Tangle
Jonesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Any news on tangle ?
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-07-2013, 10:44 PM
Today's update sadly really isn't good, the vet phoned and said that she wasn't happy today, bowels are still watery, very lethargic (more than the last couple of days) and today she also had a temperature of over 40.

They have been testing her bloods and they are not coagulating as they should be, because of all of this they have moved her into intensive care and were this evening giving her a plasma transfusion. She did say that the transfusion in itself can cause complications and upsettingly asked whether I want to be contacted during the night should she deteriorate to which I of course said yes.

To say we've had a weepy house here this evening would be an understatement, thankfully the phone hasn't rang up to now and I'm praying that it doesn't. I really want her to come through this but I'm sadly not sure that she will, especially as they don't know what it is that's causing it.

She said it is an infection but nothing can be found in any of the samples (blood, wee, poo) that they are taking from her daily.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Poor wee Tangle Really hope they can find out what's causing this and get it sorted,can imagine how worried you must be.(( hugs to you both))
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2013, 11:20 PM
If the bloods aren't coagulating is there any chance of it being hemophilia. I really hope she pulls through this, if leahurst are stumped then it must be something so out of the ordinary, have they tested for Addisons.
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2013, 12:10 AM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. Sending lots of vibes your way from me and my crew.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi Cacall, it doesn't help when the cause of an illness can't be found you don't know what you are fighting or what to do for the best.

Sending Tangle the warmest wishes for a speedy recovery..
xHugsx
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »